Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 30-Apr-2006, 11:19
888 at Last !!!

Mood: IF IN DOUBT..GET BLAGGING.
Brands Indy report...27th April.

This was a definite lastminute.com track day,crept up and took me by surprise,flung the duke in the van and left a very sunny Devon at 18.00 wednesday...

Once again,my lodgings for the night were located in s.e London,aka,casa del Dibble..After a bit of grief on the worlds biggest car park,arrived to be greeted by the ever smiling Pietro,Ice cold bottle of Peroni and a take away,all was well.

Thursday 06.00,woken by Big Ben's chimes,quick coffee and load Dibbs duke into my van,stop at garage to fuel up and get provisions for the day,main topic of conversation during the journey to brands,was how dirty does two shags Prescott mistress look...??!!

Arrive at circuit,unload,fridge on,vibes on (bit of R Kelly,dibble seduction selection),sign on,put in faaaassst group..feck.

First session,way too quick,on the grass,twitchy ass...

Managed to switch groups,much more relaxed,Dibble going well and Webby too..back in the garage,talking to Dibble about paddock hill,how it takes your breath away..."piece of ****..when you've done the corkscrew...!!",respect..

Got the fellas from Labtech suspension to set my bike up,best £30 spent of the day,wish i'd done it earlier,much more confident,came back to the garage to find 998fe and his not so tidy vtr and a not at all tidy r6 that he'd used as an auxiliary braking system at druids..

Spent the rest of the day getting some confidence back after my off at Pembrey a while ago,then it was the last session and we were informed over the tannoy that "there is coolant across the track just after druids,we cant really do anything about it,so be wary..",not good,but everyone came through unscathed..

Packed up,stopped at the Farningham for a bite to eat with Dibble and Annette,admired the willowy blonde and the lakeside mothers..(you had to be there)

Left hotel Dibble at 20.00 and then it went all pete tong,mahoosive congestion followed by closing of the m25,not good,got diverted onto the scenic route home,finally got to bed at 03.00,fecked..

All in all, a great day,good to see Dibble,Webby,998 fe,the most laid back guy in the world,aka,Lord Rattler of Camberley,mw,Teresa(good value for £10),and the lovely Annette.

Things i have learnt: Dont let Webby fuel your bike..

[Edited on 30-4-2006 by mogwai]
Old 01-May-2006, 19:31
888 at Last !!!

Mood: IF IN DOUBT..GET BLAGGING.
Here is Webby fueling....the side of his sps and the garage floor...man on right probably wishes to remain anonymous..

Old 01-May-2006, 22:42
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Having some tinnies and a barbie
I believe all the fuel went in, the wet patch on the floor was where his "bag" split.
It wasn't as if I needed the petrol by then.
Old 01-May-2006, 22:56
Dibble

lol, was indeed a good day and good to see FE at least having a wry smile before leaving ....

roll on the next one ....