Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 16-Aug-2005, 09:17
500SD

Mood: Sad my Membership icon has gone:(
So your single requirement for this purchase was that it had to have 'Ducati' written on the tank? Performance & looks were irrelevant? This is typical of someone who is buying into the 'Ducati' brand for all the wrong reasons. My feeling is that this is a compulsive purchase and you are buying it because it is cheap, buy hey, it gets you onto a ‘Ducati’. I rode this bike for half a day and it is seriously underpowered, and has zero grunt, (almost on the verge of being dangerous, given its weight). It sounds totally naff, so you will need another £1000 (which you will not see back) to sort the sound out, and finally you will get a sorry return when you come to sell it, which you will. Given Iam a massive fan of the 998 (and still looking for my baby) I cannot understand why anyone would buy what is basically a <b>[Censored]</b> Ducati bike. I do not care who designed it or the glory, or the name on the tank, etc, it is still a <b>[Censored]</b> bike with a pathetic engine. Next you’ll be buying a Benelli cause they are cheap….That said, if you want your ‘poor mans’ Ducati, good luck, and ride safely (don't worry this is the 749s only mode), and I’ll see you behind, sorry, around.

Enjoy it…. [/quote]

Obviously the A in RCA stands for A>R>S>E>H>O>L>E.

Really don't see the reson for a newbie to come on here and start f**king other people and there bikes off.

Follow the link provided by dsered and don't come back.
Old 16-Aug-2005, 10:16
RCA

Quote:
Really don't see the reson for a newbie to come on here and start f**king other people and there bikes off.

****ing other people? Er, is that really possible via a message board, or are we talking virtual sex?

So I take it if one has a negative opinion on any Ducati bike, one is not welcome here? Hhmm, I don't believe you speak for the majority of memebers, they cannot be all as blinkered as you are. I assume in your case, it does'nt even have to say Ducati on the tank, it just has to be red.
Old 16-Aug-2005, 10:26
RCA

Quote:
1) The 749 will feel slow if you're used to an R1. There's a 50bhp difference, so what did you expect?
It is underpowered, end of.

2) This is a Ducati forum. We are quite likely to sing the praises of Ducatis.
Take your blinkers off and get yourself an opinion.

3) I find your attitude uncalled for. Please go back to the MCN forum where you belong.
Attitude? Have I been rude? Have I been offensive? No, I have simply voiced my opinion. So zip it fatty.
Old 16-Aug-2005, 10:31
Mille

You've made your point RCA. You can leave now since this is going nowhere. You're obviously well 'ard and measure your masculinity by the top speed of your bike.

Personally, I like the looks of the R1 best of all the litre bikes but it's full performance is unusable on the roads whereas you can utilise all the 749's performance and that's the fun of it. I rode my 749s home from Coventry (JHP) to North Wales last Friday and couldn't get the grin off my face. I didn't scare myself shitless, I just had a good fast ride on some great roads.

It's pointless comparing the two bikes and after all, one man's meat is another mans poison. Now be off with you.
Old 16-Aug-2005, 11:26
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Quote:
1) The 749 will feel slow if you're used to an R1. There's a 50bhp difference, so what did you expect?
It is underpowered, end of.

2) This is a Ducati forum. We are quite likely to sing the praises of Ducatis.
Take your blinkers off and get yourself an opinion.

3) I find your attitude uncalled for. Please go back to the MCN forum where you belong.
Attitude? Have I been rude? Have I been offensive? No, I have simply voiced my opinion. So zip it fatty.

I really don't get your attitude. Yes you have been offensive, and yes you have been rude. What's with the "fatty" comment anyway? Very personal, and you don't have a clue what I look like.

A 749 is underpowered, end of? Underpowered for what? Compared to what? You don't make sense.

Take my blinkers off and get an opinion? I have one thanks - the 749S is the best bike I've ever ridden. Irrespective of the name on the tank, it suits my riding style, I love the looks and I'm very happy with it.

I think you'll find you're the one with blinkers on...
Old 16-Aug-2005, 14:01
500SD

Mood: Sad my Membership icon has gone:(
Quote:
Originally posted by RCA
Quote:

****ing other people? Er, is that really possible via a message board, or are we talking virtual sex?

So I take it if one has a negative opinion on any Ducati bike, one is not welcome here? Hhmm, I don't believe you speak for the majority of memebers, they cannot be all as blinkered as you are. I assume in your case, it does'nt even have to say Ducati on the tank, it just has to be red.

A negative opinion is one thing, coming on here and being rude an acting the **** is another. A guy has just realised "his" dream of buying a Ducati, it may not be your choice but it is his and you come over all contrasending to him.

As for virtual sex I assume you would know lots about that, sorry I don't - so can't answer your question.

As for the type or colour of my bike what the f**k has it got to do with you?
Old 16-Aug-2005, 15:57
500SD

Mood: Not sure
I was always told if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all, bearing that in mind

itexuk, nice to meet you on Saturday at the DD races, hope you like your 749 and spend all that money you saved on petrol and tyres enjoying it, I've attatched a picture of my old 749 (Black wheels is a good option )

Twinfan, nice to meet you at Donington too, like the sound of your colour scheme, you'll have to put pictures up when it's back

RCA .................................................. ...........

Darren
Old 16-Aug-2005, 16:25
Big Twin

Mood: r
mate of mine just bought a 999 bip,on a 54 plate,04 spec.200 miles on it.mint as £7300.uk bike with 16 monthe warranty left.
Old 16-Aug-2005, 16:54
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Daz - I'll certainly get some pics up. It's being finsihed this week (dropped it off this morning) and I'm hoping to get it back by the weekend. Fingers crossed! Bolted some bling on at the weekend, and it's looking a million dollars
Old 23-Aug-2005, 16:15
Mille

Mood: On the mend!
Hold on. If someone is after a bargain then my '03 999 Bip is available for a little more than £6k for quick sale. See FS section.