Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 16-Jul-2006, 19:44
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
The Horsepower thing just isnt a viable arguement! The 125 mid corner speed is quicker than the motogps!

I gladly go out in the fasty group on the vfr 400.....yeah great you pass me on the straight but woopy doo! I still make a good case amongst the bendy bits....even though im just a trackdayer and not a racer!!
Old 16-Jul-2006, 19:51
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

So would you class Lin (sorry Lin) as a hardened racer?

She's done 18 months of racing.

Or are you just upset at people that race and are faster than you?

I'm not sure I understand the point at which you become a 'racer' and therefore a threat on trackdays?

There are lots of very fast people that don't do racing, but they'd be very good - but I suppose that because they stick to trackdays, that's ok is it?

This isn't entirely directed at andyb coz I know he's messing about as well - but it does get irritating when 'non-racers' moan about racers ruining trackdays.
Old 16-Jul-2006, 19:55
BSB Star

This isn't entirely directed at andyb coz I know he's messing about as well - but it does get irritating when 'non-racers' moan about racers ruining trackdays.

Yeah and thats another thing!..........."racers" messing around in the novice/ inters group 'practicing!'

Thats my point!
Old 16-Jul-2006, 19:59
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Seriously, if you can't ride faster than a 50bhp Ducati twin, with a novice racer on board in the inter group - then you should be in the slow group, and very embarrassed!!!

I'm now going in the fast group at Donington, BUT, I'm as dangerous to the really fast guys in the fast group as you percieve me to be in the inters. It's much safer for a 'racer' on a slow bike, to go in the inter group.
Old 16-Jul-2006, 21:09
BSB Star

So on the other side of this....are you saying racing in the DD is the same as doing an inters t/day?
Old 16-Jul-2006, 21:13
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by domski
Yeah, but you and Lucie are hardened racers - it's just not fair that you're allowed out on a trackday!

Especially as Lucie has done about 4 race meetings - that's outrageous, she's far too experienced for inters AND she's got 49bhp!!!!!

I'm going to write to my MP

brilliant
Old 16-Jul-2006, 21:17
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb
So on the other side of this....are you saying racing in the DD is the same as doing an inters t/day?

No. I'm saying that a DD racer is no threat or danger to anyone on a trackday in the inter group and I don't understand why you or anyone would have a problem with it.

From my personal experience, I'd much rather be on track with 'racers' as I find them much safer and in more control of what they're doing. They also don't have to take risks or ride beyond their ability to overtake people.

Lastly, just because somebody has been in a race, does not make them fast!
Old 16-Jul-2006, 22:07
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
How funny Your little VFR400 is a lot faster than my 583, I've been out with standard 400s on a trackday (naughty practicing racing god me ) and they blow the 583 into the weeds, so that's that out the window. I'll not go in the fast group on the DD bike. Somebody that knows what they're doing on a litre bike have a good 50-60mph over my bike on a straight, that sort of closing speed is ridiculously dangerous. Far safer with people that aren't as handy at wielding their 160 odd bhp in the Inters IMO. Don't know what your problem is really, maybe bitterness at not being a 'racer'?

Skids...thanks for letting me know Hello Dallas if you're watching *waves*

Dom...'Seriously, if you can't ride faster than a 50bhp Ducati twin, with a novice racer on board in the inter group - then you should be in the slow group, and very embarrassed!!!
' My thoughts exactly.
Old 16-Jul-2006, 22:15
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
TBH maybe we're being a little harsh on andyb, if he can hold his own on a VFR400 in the fast group he is running 400 race winning pace and if we're not careful he'll turn up in DD and show us the way round !

As others I would like to know when I turn into a hardened racer and have to go in the fast group ?
Most DD'rs lap cadwell in the 1m50-2m10 lap times, fast groups now drop down to 1m35, admittedly only a few secs quicker than andyb on his 400 but still for dd bikes the lap times are too different and cause a danger especially o nthe straights with closing speeds of more than 60mph.

The dd bikes don't have a corner advantage over the bigger bikes either, unlike motogp where a 125 is lighter than a motogp bike and they are both on equally grippy tyres the dd bike weighs the same as a modern litre supersports yet is on less grippy tyres, dd bikes are just a liability in the fast group.

Inters is a safer place to be, folks in inters on bigger bikes don't know how to open their throttles and don't use their sticky tyres in the corners so lap times are similar therefore making the day safer for everyone

So what was the problem with racers in inters ?
Old 16-Jul-2006, 22:16
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb

Same lap times yeh, what's the point of that question ? In fact some of the classis classes only lap as quick as the novice group.
It's nothing to do with rider ability and all to do with bike speed.

Come racing and see for yourself