Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 23-Mar-2012, 00:53
Bikes: Ducati 999 s mono

termignoni exhaust replacing with standard ones

hi how easy is it to replace the termignoni exhaust wit the standard one, can someone do it themselves (that can unscrew a bolt!) or does it have to be done by a mechanic?
Old 23-Mar-2012, 01:31
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Should be easy, I'm always having to do it for MOT's.
Just remove the seat for better access, remove the bolt at the center rear of the pipes that hold them together. Remove the two springs on the bottom inside of the down pipes ( best removed with a spring puller tool ) or like me get some strong string and feed it through on spring and round a part of the frame, pullt tight untill the hook of the srping comes out. Reverse that to get them back in. ) Remove the bolt where the pipe has a clip round it to hold it to the frame ( Carefull as there are two ali spacers each side of the bolt and they drop out )Then just cradle the right hand pipe first gently move it left and right and it will come up and out. Repeat for the left one. I'm just trying to remember if its the right first then left but your see when you do it that you have to remove one before the other can come out as its in the way.
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Craig
Old 23-Mar-2012, 01:36
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Ermmmm maybe forget that above you did not say what bike, I have just seen another thread you posted and it looks like you are tlking about a 999.
The above is for a 996.

Someone here will tell you how to do this for a 999, again its simple to do as I did this on a 999r but I cant remember to relay it to you correctly ordered.

Craig
Old 25-Mar-2012, 11:04
Mille

I did my own one Al and I'm certainly no mechanic. Can change sparks plugs and small tasks like those but that's it.

Wasn't too hard, took half a day from memory. I do remember the end can and the actual pipes being out of line so a rubber mallet was called in to action, needed a friend to hold the pipes for that bit.

You should be fine. The ecu I got fitted though by a Ducati garage.