Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 09-Apr-2004, 14:04

ITS ALIVE!!!!

Thanks guys, I had a look at the solenoid connector and it was loose, gave the battery a long charge over night and pressed the button.......that beautiful bag of hammers. It started first time, took it for a short spin around the block and everything else seems in order.

The only thing I noticed was the indicators seemed to be flashing very quickly, so I think thew battery may still need some charge (or its not getting enough back from the bike)

Anyway, thanks for the help, Heres to a great Easter weekend

Conor
Old 09-Apr-2004, 15:19
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
If the indicators are flashing too quickly this is usually an indication that an indicator bulb has gone or the flasher relay is u/s - never known it to be down to low battery charge - in fact a low battery charge would be more likely to cause slow and dim indicators.
Andy
Old 09-Apr-2004, 17:06
Ducati Corse

I would invest in a multi meter and put it across the battery with the motor running. Regulators usually fail safe ie the battery doesnt charge but it is possible for them to fail so that the battery is being overcharged with something like 16 volts plus. This will cook the battery and i suppose could cause the winkers to flash too quickly.
Old 23-Apr-2004, 11:54

Having checked the fuses and bulbs, the blinking problem was due to another loose connector, probably dislodged while checking the fuses on a previous occassion.

Now she is running perfectly and I just know this is going to be a good summer

Conor

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by conor]