Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 10-May-2004, 10:49
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Trackday ST\'s

Ok guys I think we have proved to the unbelievers what belting bikes ST's are. It was great seeing so many ST's at Cadwell, and seeing them belting round as well. Even Big Martin Morrell managed to get his front off the ground over the mountain! For those of you who don't know Martin-he makes an ST look like a mini moto!
Rockhopper, you were nice and smooth.
Rushjob, you were just FAST, I can't believe you have never ridden a track before.
Jules, you are just a hooligan, but then you don't need me to tell you that.
Lets do it again soon guys and see if we can get some more owners of Ducati's best kept secret out on track. Dog slow everywhere eh Jools-I don't bloody think so!

John
Old 10-May-2004, 10:59
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac

We ST owners will have to blow our own trumpet though Monty, nobody else is gonna give us credit.

I had a hoot in the inters, mixing it with much more powerful, much more sporty bikes, generally giving the four-valvers a hard time and, as KeefyB is my witness, going past quite a few 748's and 996's.

Mind you, how many people from the 748/996/998 section are going to be putting posts up along the lines of "There I was hurling my 996 round Chris Curve into the Gooseneck, when a dodgy old geezer on an ST2 came past me on the outside, comprehensively outbraked me into Mansfield and cleared off..."

Not gonna happen is it. All of the people I went past (and talked to afterwards) had mysterious handling problems with their bikes, or misfires or fuelling problems or dodgy tyres etc, etc...

Dave Harris who was swapping between his 996SPS and his 998R was the only superbike owner who complemented me on my riding (with the exception of KeefyB - who doesn't count 'cos he's my riding pal and is always generous and encouraging with his comments to me and every other rider)

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by Jools]
Old 10-May-2004, 18:13
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: st2......we can rebuild
yep long live the st
not only are they great on that cadwell track, but did any one notice how well they go across grass, shortened that chicane nicely.
i heard a few good lines an all.

you wait next year they'll all have them
Old 10-May-2004, 18:57
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
Didn't get to try out the off road capabilities of mine Glyn....
Good fun using it to outbrake some more sports oriented machines into Park though
What a machine....who needs a sports bike when you've got an ST.
Still smiling thinking about it now
Old 10-May-2004, 20:01
Ducati Corse

I too was very pleased at the number of ST's that turned up and i was even more pleased when i saw how they all (without exception) performed. I was getting held up in the corners by the 996, 748 type bikes and then left for dead on the straights by them. The only place i could get past was by out braking them at the end of the Park Straight and sometimes at the end of the start/finish straight.
When i did get past though they never managed to get me back!

Awesome fun on what is a cheap old touring bike!!

I only saw Monty once and he just sailed past me and then disappeared! Rushjob did pretty much the same! Martin was doing fine even though he lost the front on one occasion at Mansfield ( i was right behind him at the time-scared me more than it did him!!)

Roll on the next one.
Old 19-May-2004, 14:46
Mille

Mood: need enlightenment

Hi Guys had a fantastic day at cadwell and once i get the cogs working the avatar of the mountain will appear.

Already booked for the August meet at cadwell just need you guys to help build up my confidence as it would give me great pleaseure to ride around the outside of some of my regional mates etc!!!

sorry rocky didnt mean to loose it wouldnt mind but i prefere left handers!!!

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by Martin Morrell]
Old 19-May-2004, 16:33
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Quote:
Originally posted by Martin Morrell
...it would give me great pleaseure to ride around the outside of some of my regional mates etc!!!

No probs, Martin, I'll bring my Honda 90 next time!
Old 01-Jun-2004, 15:21
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
Quote:
We ST owners will have to blow our own trumpet though Monty, nobody else is gonna give us credit.
That's probably why there are no ST's in the Pronto centre pages....I think we've really upset someone.......:P
Andy
Old 01-Jun-2004, 19:44
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally posted by Rushjob
Quote:
That's probably why there are no ST's in the Pronto centre pages....I think we've really upset someone.......:P
Andy

D'you know, I wondered whether I was actually there or dreamed it all. It's official then. None of us were actually there we're all dillusional

:"No Jools, you're many things but not dillusional"

Jools: "But I seem to have regular conversations with you, the rodent on this board, as my alter ego....that sort of proves it...doesn't it?"

: "Fair point Jools"
Old 01-Jun-2004, 20:32
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: st2......we can rebuild
we were just to damn fast
all the pictures must have been too blured to use