Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 23-Jun-2004, 23:15
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
"Go on, you know it makes sense and its soooooo satisfying to pass the superbikes on a sports tourer!!"-but not half as satisfying as blitzing them on a 500cc single...............and I would know.

John
Old 24-Jun-2004, 09:26

Mood: Senna coloured!
I hope this is all true about the ST4S since i have just ordered a new one!

It's the least powerfull bike i have had for years!!
Old 24-Jun-2004, 09:29
Ducati Corse

So what have you been riding then?
Old 24-Jun-2004, 13:23
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally posted by rockhopper
Jools, why dont you spend about £5k and get an ST4S then you can still blitz past people on what is really a comfy 996! Or even spend £3500 and get an ST4 and pretty much the same applies!

Go on, you know it makes sense and its soooooo satisfying to pass the superbikes on a sports tourer!!

Cos I've already got an ST2 and I go past superbikes on that...

Seriously, I've done the ST thing, getting a more powerful version wouldn't give me what I'm looking for. Don't get me wrong, I love the ST and it is a hugely underated machine. But... mine wouldn't be the easiest bike in the world to sell, even if I wanted to, so my plan is to keep it. As an everyday, out in all weathers, nipping down to the shops, taking the Mrs on the back, going touring, not getting left behind on rideouts, surprising the hell out of sportsbikes on trackday kind of bike...it's perfect.

But I do want a superbike. I have about £5K in my savings account right now and every Wednesday when MCN comes out, I'm sorely tempted to go and get a 748 from somewhere. But...I'm not going to do that. Partly because I would have to explain to Mrs Jools why I'd spent the money for her new garden, but mostly (and with no disrespect to 748 owners because they are lovely bikes) because they are getting dated. I'm going to have a bit of patience, and hope that the ST2 gets me through another 3 years without too much fettling.

By that time I will have paid outright for the car that I bought (just back in April) using my company car cash alternative. The car will still have very low mileage on it because I work a lot from home and, because I have a global role, the car only needs to take me to the airport each month and wait in the car park for a week until I get back. So the car will be good for another few years after that and I will use my cash alternative to fund my dream bike.

Going this route I could easily afford a 999R, but I would rather have a 749R and a new ST4S or Multistrada as well.