Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 28-Jun-2003, 02:41
Bevel Head

California Superbike school........

Hi everyone,

Has anyone done the Andy Ibbott 'California Superbike School'? Any remarks about it? Any good? Actually learn anything?
I've looked on their website and theres another company who do the odd event called 'Code R.A.C.E', and they, as far as I can make out, teach you how to race properly, which sounds like much more fun to me. Even ending at the end of the day with a race for all the students!! Anyone heard of this company and are able to add their 2 pennys worth????

Cheers,
Mark.
Old 28-Jun-2003, 09:50
Mille

I have done the CSS many times, I cannot rate the instruction highly enough. I had a problem with loosing the front end in faster corners after doing level 2 Andy talked me through the problem and I found the cure. Many members have done the schools and as far a I know all were very satisfied. I always try to do level 4 at the beggining of the track day season to identify and cure any bad habits that have returned.

Read twist of the wrist part 2 the schools are based around the advice in the book.

code race is also run by the CSS but my understanding is that you really should be very quick indeed or already racing .

dave
Old 30-Jun-2003, 10:33

CSS

Cant comment on Code RACE but have done levels 1 to 3 on CSS and think its the puppies. Level 1 made all the difference, made me much more comfortable in what i was doing and lopped huge time off my trackdays. Twist of the Wrist contains much of the info but the exercises were worthwhile.

Chris
Old 30-Jun-2003, 12:18
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
CSS

There are a number of DSC members who have attended varying levels of the CSS and it is regarded very highly.

There have been a lot of threads in the past on this one.

Go to the old board and try a search.

Tim
Old 30-Jun-2003, 17:28
Montjuic

Mood: Waiting for the Sunshine
Guys,

i've never done the CSS, but i'll throw my two penneth in anyway.

Drayton Croft run a race school at Mallory Park, on their GSXR 600's. You can pay a little extra and get 1 to 1 tuition , from a current or ex racer.

As a racer myself (albeit mid field), i can't speak highly enough of this event - no matter what level you are at, after a few hours with these guys your lap times and race technique will be greatly improved.

For more info - give Richard a call at Drayton Croft

(P.S. i'm not on commission !)