Ducati Sporting Club UK
Rideouts, Meets and other Events
Details of various meetings, rideouts and events that are not Ducati specific.

Old 28-Mar-2011, 21:17
500SD

I have a 3mx3m gazebo and i'm still trying to get the old fella to bring his MHR bevel rep.
Old 30-Mar-2011, 14:08
500SD
Bikes: 996 Bip

Mood: CITIUS EST MELIUS!
Exclamation Prescoot Bike Show

Will there be anyone riding to the event on Sunday? If so I'd like to tag along. Please let me know where to meet and what time. I'll be coming from Henley.

Thanks indeed.
Old 30-Mar-2011, 14:09
500SD

Exclamation Prescott Bike Show - 10th April

Will there be anyone riding to the event on Sunday? If so I'd like to tag along. Please let me know where to meet and what time. I'll be coming from Henley.

Thanks indeed.
Old 30-Mar-2011, 15:12
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

Kev

How many bikes are you looking at putting on the stand/how many do you have? Let me know if you want my 848 (Corse ) or my DD bike and I will try to figure out the logistics.
Old 30-Mar-2011, 23:39
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementor
Kev, what is bike parking like (hardstanding/grass?) and what is security like?

Roy after reading your post I emailed the Festival organiser and here is the reply I got back

Hi Kevin

When the Bike Park is full, the overflow is on grass. We’re providing pucks (for a voluntary donation) if / when we move to grass.

Like every event I know of – no, there is no car park security. Suggest the guys who are concerned arrive early and get into the hard standing bike park, which is in the paddock, someone will be there most of the time and certainly no big refrigerated vans will have access!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola Duke
I have a 3mx3m gazebo and i'm still trying to get the old fella to bring his MHR bevel rep.

The Gazebo would be really useful Steve and the bike a good addition to the range

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolley
Kev

How many bikes are you looking at putting on the stand/how many do you have? Let me know if you want my 848 (Corse ) or my DD bike and I will try to figure out the logistics.

Ron I was thinking of 8 to 10 bikes, a couple of DD bikes and the rest road bikes

Kev P will be providing one of the DD bikes and I could provide another

Buggsy is probably bringing his 916SPS, I’ll have my 1100 Monster there but as I’m down to do a couple of runs up the Hill Climb I may have to park it elsewhere.

So a trick 848 such as yours would be most welcome

James (007) has also volunteered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty
Kev, we used to have a load of the metal stake things to use for roping off area's-back from when we used to do a Ducati parking area at Superbike rounds-LONG time ago! I don't know who might have them if they still exist-possibly Chris??
I did stick my hand up to help and bring either Mutley or the RT if you want then.

John

John if your still willing I think either Mutley or the RT would be good additions to the stand

I will try and finalise a list Friday Saturday so I can then get addresses and send out passes early next week

So at the moment we could be looking at

Kev P – DD bike
Buggsy – 916SPS
Monty – RT or Mutley
Steve Klee – MHR
James (007) – 996
Ron Jolley – 848 or DD bike
Kev E (as in me) M1100 & DD bike or 998

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 31-Mar-2011, 12:31
500SD

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Roy after reading your post I emailed the Festival organiser and here is the reply I got back

Hi Kevin

When the Bike Park is full, the overflow is on grass. We’re providing pucks (for a voluntary donation) if / when we move to grass.

Like every event I know of – no, there is no car park security. Suggest the guys who are concerned arrive early and get into the hard standing bike park, which is in the paddock, someone will be there most of the time and certainly no big refrigerated vans will have access!

The Gazebo would be really useful Steve and the bike a good addition to the range

Ron I was thinking of 8 to 10 bikes, a couple of DD bikes and the rest road bikes

Kev P will be providing one of the DD bikes and I could provide another

Buggsy is probably bringing his 916SPS, I’ll have my 1100 Monster there but as I’m down to do a couple of runs up the Hill Climb I may have to park it elsewhere.

James (007) has also volunteered

John if your still willing I think either Mutley or the RT would be good additions to the stand

I will try and finalise a list Friday Saturday so I can then get addresses and send out passes early next week

So at the moment we could be looking at

Kev P – DD bike
Buggsy – 916SPS
Monty – RT or Mutley
Steve Klee – MHR
James (007) – 996
Ron Jolley – 848 or DD bike
Kev E (as in me) M1100 & DD bike or 998

Hello Kev,

Yes indeed I'm still coming. I plan to leave Henley around 6am, to get to the show ~8am. My mobile number is 07879 015 008, could you text me your number so we can coordinate closer to the time, regarding passes, entrance and meeting points etc.

Look forward to it, despite the early start.

Regards,

James

Last edited by 007 : 31-Mar-2011 at 18:15.
Old 31-Mar-2011, 20:09
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids

No worries. That is probably easier for me anyway. I don't have to worry about cars or trailers, I can just ride it up there from that London. e-mail or text me when you know exactly what is going on.

Also, if any of you taking a van has a 996/748 etc paddock stand you fancy taking along, it should fit the 848 and make a proper show of it (I don't fancy throwing my stand over my shoulder!! )
Old 31-Mar-2011, 20:32
MotoGP God

Here is the latest update from the organisers, Note the bit about vehicle movements on the last line. it may be possible to get bikes on to the stand after 8:30, although you may have to push them
And best I read the rules again.

Only nine days to go.

Exhibitor space is now fully booked!

We’re now including a free prize draw with a top prize of 2 x VIP tickets to a BSB round plus other prizes. Draw is at 4:00pm on the Sunday, prizes going to those who are still there. Good for us in terms of data capture and good for you in we keep the visitors a little longer.

Just a couple of reminders for you:

· Any last minute marketing would be great – social media is ideal.
· Exhibitor Party on Saturday night – please confirm numbers if you haven’t already done so. Please don’t email me again if you have already!
· Same with Saturday night camping – please confirm numbers if you haven’t already done so. Please don’t email me again if you have already!
· Download and read the Exhibitor Manual if you haven’t already done so – ignorance of the rules is not an excuse

On set up, please be patient with the volunteers as they will be with you but it’s going to be busy and your cooperation in moving vehicles when asked would be most appreciated.

Remember – after 08:30 on the Sunday – no 4 wheel vehicle movement.

Old 31-Mar-2011, 23:20
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse SE, Evoluzione 2 ....

Mood: Dementor hunted by Foggy :)
Thanks for the parking update Kev

Hants - Meet Popham Airfield every 2nd Sunday of the Month @ 1pm

Ducati Snells of Alton : >>
848 Corse SE Evoluzione 2 : >>
Dementor Site :>>
Sponsor of DD Riders
Old 31-Mar-2011, 23:49
MotoGP God

Your welcome Roy

Just been having a bit of a trawl through the exhibitors manual, any electrical equipment we take to use needs to be PAT tested. Luckily I can do that so I had better get my hook up leads and light unit done and Kev P's as well