Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 25-Jun-2003, 08:47

Paddock Stand

I bought my '98 748 a fortnight ago. The guy chucked in a brand new paddock stand. There are no brand names on it. Trouble is, the shaft only slides into the rear axle 4cm before it meets a slight shoulder and the bike feels far from stable on it. Do these stands normally extend right the way through the axle? Can you get a variety of shafts?

Moggsy

[Edited on 25-6-2003 by Moggsy]
Old 25-Jun-2003, 08:50
GTL

Mood: Sort of shuffling along .....
The Duke on goes in further tha that, and also has a matching shoulder on the pivot. Costs a lot, and mine is a year old and rusting like f***
Old 25-Jun-2003, 16:18
Montjuic

PP

Do you have your own private cloud or something? Rusting stand,frame, lifting decals on the wheels and number board. Do we live in the same country? maybe Zürich gets all the s**t weather as well as traffic.

Rob

PS give me a shout if you want to terrorize the law abiding locals
Old 25-Jun-2003, 23:53
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Simon hold the shaft and see if it decreases in size when you turn the adjuster knob. Also grease it up. I'll see if I can get round soon and have a look.
I know Guido has the same type of stand and his bike also looks as though it's about to fall off it as well.

Jon
Old 26-Jun-2003, 10:31
GTL

Mood: Sort of shuffling along .....
Quote:
Originally posted by swiss 998s
PP

Do you have your own private cloud or something? Rusting stand,frame, lifting decals on the wheels and number board. Do we live in the same country? maybe Zürich gets all the s**t weather as well as traffic.

Rob

PS give me a shout if you want to terrorize the law abiding locals

I will send up a mail, as I am up for a bit of sight seeing!

I just think I have Duke quality problems, and unlike a lot of bikes its done 4K in its first year, and even some in the rain!!

The paint finish on the frame of 998s is near criminal for a bike that costs so much. I moan about much less on the Buell!

The stickers on the wheels ( which I don't knw want the answer was), were crapply applied in the first place!

If only some of the effort that had been put into tightening up the oil filter had been put into the frame and decals!!