Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 14-May-2004, 16:47
Big Twin

tyrewarmers with hugger?

How?

I can just fit the rear one under the hugger. but only due to the profile of a bt012ss - i know for a fact there wont be enough clearance for dunlops/renns/SCs

The front warmer will NOT fit under the mudguard - WTF am I sposed to do about it?

I was thinking of drilling new mounting holes in the hugger, to shift it upwards a bit - not the ideal solution tho, anyone got a better suggestion?
Old 14-May-2004, 18:07
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
My front takes a bit of fiddling. Ensure the initial velcro is wrapped very tightly around the tyre and pull the sides of the warmer around the wheel. I then have to slightly lift the front of the mudguard and feed it through, then it sticks on the back as well, so I have to lift the rear of the mudguard as it gets caught. Although it WILL NOT go in at first, I now have the nack of doing it and it takes seconds. The other way of doing the rear is to do it in reverse, ie put the warmer on facing the other way and feed it round in the opposite direction to travel from the bottom. Hope this helps, otherwise, remove the hugger for trackdays, it's not doing anything!

WeeJohnyB
Old 14-May-2004, 18:51
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Take the hugger off, elongate the mounting holes so that so can you mount it slightly higher.
Old 14-May-2004, 19:06
Big Twin

slight problem is when we tried to undo the bolt tapped into the swingarm used to mount the hugger, we couldnt without risk of shearing it!

mind you the hugger has a nice hole in it courtesy of the ******* D208GPs!!!

I think I will try drilling new mounting holes in the mudguard and see how i go - there are cheap as chips on ebay if i mess up anyways

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by DJ Tera]
Old 14-May-2004, 21:08
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
DJ - sorry I meant the front mudguard.