Ducati Sporting Club UK
Stolen Bikes
Please read the guidelines on this thread before posting an entry

Old 09-Dec-2005, 17:00
Big Twin

Mood: Can't make me mind up
So don't bl00dy well tell me it's the primary school teacher coz it effin well is not.

Ains. [/quote]

Well as it's panto season....

OH YES IT IS!
Old 09-Dec-2005, 17:20
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
god I've heard some bollox on here but..this is oustanding!! Well done RCA!
Old 09-Dec-2005, 17:30
500SD

Mood: On top of the world
[/quote]Death Penalty - nah, too easy. Give em jail and let them suffer their conscience if they have one.[/quote]

Why should the taxpayer foot the bill ?????
Old 09-Dec-2005, 17:52
Mille

RCA you make me so mad, you have to under stand that you cant stop a thief all you can do is make it harder for them, I could tell you some stories where the owner has done all they could but the bikes still went, you can stop an honest person being tempted by not leaving your keys in the ignition, just think your house has windows and chains can be cut and alarms can be deactivated,
put the blame where it belongs and stop blaming the poor sod that loses this pride and joy and see the parasite for what he is.
just think if you lose your keys like I did then you soon get all the locks off and under stand how easy it is to take a well locked up bike.
Old 09-Dec-2005, 19:44
Mille

Mood: He's not happy {:o( He's back at sea!
Quote:
Originally posted by philthy
So don't bl00dy well tell me it's the primary school teacher coz it effin well is not.

Ains.

Well as it's panto season....

OH YES IT IS! [/quote]

BEHIND YOU!

Ains.
Old 10-Dec-2005, 02:18
RCA

Quote:
Originally posted by bike mad
RCA you make me so mad, you have to under stand that you cant stop a thief

Yes you can, I have managed it. Bored now, Iam right, end of. Off for Corn Flakes and to watch Polti!
Old 10-Dec-2005, 04:51
500SD

Mood: 2 for 1 mmm :)
Quote:
Originally posted by RCA
Owning a motorbike in England.

Lets face it, England is a dump. The criminal justice supports the criminal. How can the police with straight faces, urge the public to rely on the law, when we all accept the law is an ass. The police are sh*t scared of the criminals and are totally powerless. We are surrounded by drugs addicts, organised bike thieves, and imports of a mixed variety with no identity, you cannot trust any ****er. The fact is you can NEVER leave your bike out of site. If you have to do this, even if it is locked, you may as well leave the keys in it and the engine running, leave your helmet for them as well.

I cannot sympathise with anyone thus far who has had their bike stolen. I cannot believe people are stupid enough to take a bike to a track (especially a ‘flash’ Ducati), leaving it unattended for several hours, relying on a bunch of reprobate security staff? WTF???!! and as for parking a Ducati outside, unattended, Iam amazed at peoples niavety.

And it’s no good posting empty threats toward the criminals unless you are prepared to follow them through, and look what happend to Tony Martin.... Most bike thieves are gangs, who don’t have the mentally that you or I have. My dad had a works van stolen last year, fully loaded, he made a few enquires, was given a name, but was advised to leave well alone....

My advice, don’t give the opportunist the opportunity in the first place.

1. Keep the bike in the House. If this is not psychical possible, then move house, (I did). If you partner ‘does not want a bike in the house’, tell them to move out (I did).
2. Alarm the House.
3. Chain the bike to something fixed, like a radiator and remove the wheel nuts.
4. Immobilise & Alarm the bike.
5. Buy a large dog and keep it hungry, (not starving!).

If you cannot do any of the above, move to Spain or Italy (No ice, cheper beer, slimmer girls).

RA

no they wont learn ! i dont leave my bike out my sight whereever i go, i lover her too much to do so. !!

/ian
Old 12-Dec-2005, 11:37
Bevel Head

Question.

What should i do when i fill my bike up with fuel?

a) Take dog with me to guard it?
b) Take pillion to guard it?
c) Always ride with a friend and take turns to guard bikes when filling up?

I know that there are thieving scumbags out there but you have to live your life and not let them get the better of you.

Insurance is a legal requirement.

People who put false claims in i.e for damaged lids and leathers etc are pushing the premiums up.

Some years ago my Cannondale mountain bike was stolen. I suppose that was my fault as i had carbon fibre forks and lots of titanium bits?

It was locked in my garage, both wheels were off and all gear mechanisms as i was replacing the bearings. Mr Scumbag just collected all the bits and took it in bits.

Anyway must go my bikes are alone in the garage!
Old 13-Dec-2005, 00:11
Montjuic

Had the bike chained to the floor(rear Wheel) via cemented holder, disc lock, front and rear, STILL went missing! on phoning the insurance company I was 1 of 10 reported thefts that night in the same area, if you have a bike that is targeted all I can say is your unlucky. or you could be really unlucky and catch them in the act of stealing your bike, 1 police never get there, 2 you go out and get the life kicked out of you, 3 you hit them, police arrive, nick you, you go to court and get a record/or do time for GBH/ABH....!!!!
I love my bike, and I'm paying for the one that got stolen, £500 to insure the 916 TPFT! but if it's wanted that bad, it goes...
Old 13-Dec-2005, 13:16
RCA

Quote:
Originally posted by nicks
Question.
What should i do when i fill my bike up with fuel?

Nothing, it wont be out of sight ,you'll have put your disc lock on the front and as it would take you 5 seconds max to run from the till back to the bike, it is not likely someone is going to successfully steel it....

....unless Derren Brown is filling up his transit, in which case you are FUBAR'd.

Next...