Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 22-Jul-2009, 17:22
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbyte666
  • You have probaly pleaded guilty / admitited guilt in some way or other by now Pete. So that will stand by self admission ?
Craig

Craig to be honest Im more ****ed of with the attitude of the copper than the points, if this is happening around the country when the police are expecting us to obey the law I expect them to do the same thing and not go around massing up points to make them look good in front of the Chief Constable. I have come across some good coppers but of late I have met some complete tossers who would shop their Grannie if it made them look good. Bikers are being treated worst than some criminals and its a shame. It will get worst ,it has got worst and Im dammed if I will sit back and take it when some one bends the rules to acceive a conviction.I just wished I had this knowledge beforehand,but this may help someone to understand just what is required. 4D
Old 22-Jul-2009, 19:12
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb
ie. it wasnt just his opinion, it was verified by the speedo....

That fills me with confidence. A policeman can look at his own speedo to back up his own assertions.

So basically he can make it up as he goes along then?

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 22-Jul-2009, 19:19
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordie
Just read the post again Andy, it states a lone police officer cannot issue a prosecution with out have the appropriate collaboration. How the hell can he have the collaboration if I dont exist just cause his speedo reads 100 mph who is he convicting a bloody ghostrider.This ain't bloody rocket science to have collobaration you need two things some one following some one in front take away any one think and you end up with FA.
I WILL SAY THIS AGAIN I WAS NOT ON THE VIDEO. again I WAS NOT ON THE VIDEO. MY SPEED DOES NOT COME INTO IT 4D

RTFI.....

its corroborate not collaborate........there is a massive difference!

One is how your thinking, working with someONE........the other is about subtantiating or supporting........
Old 22-Jul-2009, 19:29
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jools
That fills me with confidence. A policeman can look at his own speedo to back up his own assertions.

So basically he can make it up as he goes along then?

Yep.............or of course he could be telling the truth .......

i havnt seen the video but those on the video were speeding........do we accept that? If so where were you Pete during this incident?........as i understand it, towards the front of the group that you were all riding in?

Is it fair game to make an assumption that if the group on the video were speeding, and they didnt overtake you, then you were exceeding the speed limit too. Given the close proximety you were riding in as a group?

Or we could just all shout about it, write to the MP the Chief Constable, the Queen or whoever will listen.............and of course Dis the lying scumbag..

We can ignore the facts...........but they are still the facts...
Old 22-Jul-2009, 19:57
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Yep.............or of course he could be telling the truth .......

i havnt seen the video but those on the video were speeding........do we accept that? If so where were you Pete during this incident?........as i understand it, towards the front of the group that you were all riding in?

Is it fair game to make an assumption that if the group on the video were speeding, and they didnt overtake you, then you were exceeding the speed limit too. Given the close proximety you were riding in as a group?

Or we could just all shout about it, write to the MP the Chief Constable, the Queen or whoever will listen.............and of course Dis the lying scumbag..

We can ignore the facts...........but they are still the facts...

Excuse me, we are talking about the Laws relating to a Speeding conviction nothing is fair game and assumptions mean nothing in a court of law.I could of assumed the copper was eating a Mars Bar or Chewing on a toffee but that does'nt help. All I am stating is the fact no evidence is available of me actually being there.All the assumptions don't mean a fig. I could of set off earlier and the other riders caught me up,what if I had caught some other rider up just before I was pulled over who's to say he was'nt speeding,it beggars belief.4D
Old 22-Jul-2009, 20:01
BSB Star

"Sods Law after 7 years of riding the 660 and thousands of care free miles Mr Plod has the last word. Must say we were all treated well and friendly enough. Having pulled in to the garage in Kimbolton the boys in blue had us lined up good and proper, waited till we venture out on to the 660 before tailing us for 6 miles,as Glyn stated we were not giving it that many berries. I entered the next village an dropped my speed to 35 in a 40 by that time, said officer shot passed the lot of us with some nice little blue lights blazing and done us."

OK then..............
Old 22-Jul-2009, 21:30
Ducati Corse

Quote:
"Sods Law after 7 years of riding the 660 and thousands of care free miles Mr Plod has the last word. Must say we were all treated well and friendly enough. Having pulled in to the garage in Kimbolton the boys in blue had us lined up good and proper, waited till we venture out on to the 660 before tailing us for 6 miles,as Glyn stated we were not giving it that many berries. I entered the next village an dropped my speed to 35 in a 40 by that time, said officer shot passed the lot of us with some nice little blue lights blazing and done us."

OK then..............

Andy " What part of the law do you not understand here " As a copper you also have laws to abide to,or do your think you have a God given right to play judge and jury just when you assume someone is guilty. Its OK for you to sit behing your badge and have all the fun,never seen you on a ride out . As for the above text, thats not mine, I was up front miles away having left a bit earlier (one could assume) I still stick to my testimony and hope it inspires other not to take it lieing down.
Old 22-Jul-2009, 21:54
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
The so called UK Justice system, especially where motoring offences are concerned, has moved away from a principle that has been the bedrock of the UK Justice system for hundreds of years, innocent until proven guilty.

UK police now fulfil the role of police, magistrate/judge and hand down kerbside sentences as, when and how they see fit. Yes, some may fulfil that multiple role using the same standards that applied when they weren't running their own kerbside courts, some don't.

Rule number if you end up a participant in a kerbside court, say nowt to incriminate yourself, say as little as possible.

The facts are that now, in far to many motoring and low level offences an individual has to gather evidence prove themselves innocent, not have the police gather evidence to help prove them guilty. The burden of proof has shifted from the accuser to the accused. Basically you are guilty unless you can prove otherwise.

It has become too much trouble for police to prove people guilty for many motoring offences now so their political masters have given the police the power to run their kerbside "courts" with the motorist now having go to all the trouble in gathering evidence that the police used to do.

Oh and while I'm at it what is this victim surcharge all about for a simple speeding offence, where is the victim in a simple speeding offence?

The simpering oh but you might have had an accident, run someone over, etc is the work of an over eager imagination, dreaming things up that didn’t in fact happen, but we’ve added a bit more to the fine on the basis that they could have, even though if we did actually think about, didn’t happen so it’s a bit unfair, but hey, while you’ve got your cheque book out a little bit more doesn’t do any harm does it.

Don't get me wrong I'd have 100 trafpol on the roads for every one trick pony, AKA a speed camera, but those trafpol would be producing reliable evidence that would be tested in court, not "blimey that looked a bit quick, here's yer 3 points and a £60 fine". Sure it's more trouble to go to and more importantly expensive, but what price a respected police force with the support of the public and system where your were innocent until proven guilty.
Some time ago we were proud of UK bobby, what the majority of them did to protect us from crime and the justice system they were part of, is that still the case?

Nurse me tablets..............

Ray.
Old 22-Jul-2009, 21:54
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordie
As for the above text, thats not mine, I was up front miles away having left a bit earlier (one could assume) I still stick to my testimony and hope it inspires other not to take it lieing down.

15th Mar 2009 06.48pm........

Sods Law after 7 years of riding the 660 and thousands of care free miles Mr Plod has the last word. Must say we were all treated well and friendly enough. Having pulled in to the garage in Kimbolton the boys in blue had us lined up good and proper, waited till we venture out on to the 660 before tailing us for 6 miles,as Glyn stated we were not giving it that many berries. I entered the next village an dropped my speed to 35 in a 40 by that time, said officer shot passed the lot of us with some nice little blue lights blazing and done us. I was shown the video of our speed but it only showed the last few riders and saw nothing of myself or my brother. They were aparently all out on a special mission organsed by the local council to lay done the law and target bikers, we were held sorting it all out for well over an hour and in between time three police riders were toing and frowing looking for prey. I wonder if there are any vacances must be a great jobing speeding about and getting paid for it. As condemed men we want for our fate - to be continude. 4D
Old 22-Jul-2009, 22:01
BSB Star

Fordie, theres no need to be getting personal and your going off on some strange irrelevent tangent........If the situation you find yourself in bugs you that much, get someone independant, unemotional and qualified to explain that particular part of that law to you properly.......or test it in court!

Like so many of this type of post on so many of the forums, you dont want to see the wood for the trees........

ive now lost the will to be judge and jury....

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit