Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 21-Oct-2009, 02:43
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Wow that was close

On my way back from work tonight still light doing 75 behind a Citron trying to light a ciggy with the car lighter. ( now this experience is all about If I'd ) Now normaly this bit of road right where I was I would pull out and overtake as its a long straight. Then right out of the wood line on the left side a MASSIVE stag Fallow deer ( they are about the size of a small cow ) ran out with such speed BANG, the Citron hit it dead front centre of the car. I heard the bang and crunch from my car. The deer flew about 3ft above his roof and all I could see was this mass coming to me. Lord knows how but it flew over my roof and to the side ditch. Holy Shitt. The car stagered to a stop and I pulled up behind him with the four ways on. Matey got out looked at me and all he could do is wipe his brow and say Phew. Anyway I checked he was fine but I was gob smacked at the damage. He has written off the car. Like he had hit a wall, the whole front end was folded up in half. Luck man.
To be honest apart from the WOW factor I was'nt that bothered but when I got home all I have been thinking about is what if's
I have a Mazda RX8, they are really low, I would have had that thing go through my windscreen, I took the car today instead of the bike cause I overslept and it was quicker to jump in the car rather than put the bike gear on, and it go's on.
Live every day like its your last

Craig
Old 21-Oct-2009, 05:33
500SD
Bikes: ST4S

there are plenty of deaths caused by animal incidents in the US. Moose coming through the windshield, swerving to avoid a deer and hitting an 18 wheeler instead, ramming the car in front of you that just side punched a cow or horse, etc. Bikes are even worse, so keeping your eye on the road, putting the cell phone away, refraining from lighting up when driving, etc. should make a real difference.
You were lucky Craig and so was the mate in the Citron. Good lesson.
Old 21-Oct-2009, 11:32
Big Twin

Camels are worse, if you hit them you wipe the legs from under them then the body drops ontop of the car
Old 21-Oct-2009, 12:36
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Head on with a Rhino can't be much fun

Craig its a regular hazard around the back roads by you, Tony one of the Firemen here at work who lives in Lambourne hit a dear at the begining of the year on his bike, he was OK but the dear wasn't so he had to cut its throat to put it out of its misery.
At least the citeron driver was OK

With me its usually Pheasents, just missed collecting one on Sunday

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 21-Oct-2009, 15:41
Mille
Bikes: ducati 996, hawkati, kawacati

Mood: generally vile and mischevious
not hit anything larger than a pheasant, but years ago when despatching was travelling cross country from Banbury to Stratford.
Shortly after Edge Hill, the road goes straight for some distance, so i would bike (exup) up a fair amount, despite it being dark.
In the distance, i see a shape on the road. I wind the throttle down and feather the brake. The shape gets larger....well, tbh, pretty massive. I brake harder. It's the size of a cow....with antlers!

it's a stag, and it's not moving. Except as i approach, to lower its head, pointing aforementioned antlers directly at me.
By this stage i've applied a molewrench to the brake, and as i stop it gently raises its head, sneers at me, and walks casually off.....
Old 21-Oct-2009, 21:06
Ducati Corse

On Sunday i was following a car that hit an adult badger at about 60mph with his nearside wheel.Now they aren't that big,compact though!! The damage to the car was beyond belief.It ripped the wheel off,suspension arm,wing,radiator,grill,bonnet,lights,spoiler,wind screen(???) and door!!

I hit the bits as they were flying off,if i'd been on the bike................
Old 21-Oct-2009, 21:43
Big Twin

Mood: High as a kite!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Craig its a regular hazard around the back roads by you, Tony one of the Firemen here at work who lives in Lambourne hit a dear at the begining of the year on his bike, he was OK but the dear wasn't so he had to cut its throat to put it out of its misery.

Was it an old dear? And he murdered her just like that? Someone should tell the police
Old 22-Oct-2009, 07:45
500SD

you beat me to that one. I was wondering the same thing. maybe it was one of those Nigerian Letter Dears.

Oh yeah, I guy I rode with occasionally had a rabbit run into his back wheel while entering a corner...tore up the rabbitt, but totaled his bike and gave him some bones to mend. He never saw it coming. Yikes
Old 22-Oct-2009, 07:46
500SD

you beat me to that one. I was wondering the same thing. maybe it was one of those Nigerian Letter Dears.

Oh yeah, I guy I rode with occasionally had a rabbit run into his back wheel while entering a corner...tore up the rabbitt, but totaled his bike and gave him some bones to mend. He never saw it coming. Yikes
Old 22-Oct-2009, 21:48
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Back in the '80's,....when men were men,and the women glad of it,...my dad owned a BMW R80S.One night,while riding home from a bike meet,a massive deer leaped out in front of him.They collided but he managed to stay on.The next day he found that one of his Krauser panniers was smashed,while the other was covered in deer *****.
A fortnight later,...on the same stretch of road,....the same thing happened again.This time the animal appeared right in front of him.He braked and closed his eyes waiting for the impact.There was a huge bang and the road disapeared from view.His massive Rickman touring fairing was completely ripped off leaving him with no headlight.Luckily,Marko came by to shepherd him home.We found the fairing halfway across a feild the next day.We reckoned the deer must have been wearing it like some sort of collar!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit