Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 22-Oct-2009, 20:50
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog Bianchi
there are plenty of deaths caused by animal incidents in the US. Moose coming through the windshield, swerving to avoid a deer and hitting an 18 wheeler instead, ramming the car in front of you that just side punched a cow or horse, etc. Bikes are even worse, so keeping your eye on the road, putting the cell phone away, refraining from lighting up when driving, etc. should make a real difference.
You were lucky Craig and so was the mate in the Citron. Good lesson.

In 2005 myself and a mate rode up to the Arctic Circle for the midnight sun-all through Norway there were signs warning about Moose-never saw one but as we were going through a national park the traffic-well 2 cars to be honest-stopped and about 1000 (I kid you not) reindeer ran across the road. We also saw other smaller groups of reindeer but no moose-until we got to Stockholme on the way home and went to Festival Island. They have a zoo there with some moose-hells teeth but they are big buggers-and very tall. I reckon if you hit one on a bike the bike would go underneath the moose and it's body would wipe you out-scary thing to hit............

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 22-Oct-2009, 21:52
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeefyB
.We found the fairing halfway across a feild the next day.We reckoned the deer must have been wearing it like some sort of collar!

Lol that would have fooled some wildlife photographer seeing a fully faired deer.

Craig

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit