Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 29-Apr-2006, 19:08
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Assistance requested: KRC Endurance Entry July 29

Hi

Ali, Rattler and myself have decided to try and put together an entry for the KRC Endurance round at Snetterton on the 29th and 30th of July. We are in the embryonic stages of planning and so far we basically need help with everything!

The machine classes are here.

I have potential interest in tyre sponsorship and the offer of some spannering so far. To get us on the grid the first thing we need is a bike. We can't afford to do this by buying a bike so we are looking for assistance/loan bikes or whatever in this area. Our initial thoughts were along the lines of a 600 IL4 but are open to idea's and help. Any help over the weekend with spannering, paddock stands, support etc would be gratefully received and of course so would any financial assistance.

Whatever bike we end up riding, assuming it all comes together, we intend on having one set of bodywork painted up in the colours of any sponsors with the appropriate logo's in place.

If you would like to offer any help, in any capacity, please contact me via u2u or e-mail me at tony.perrin@gmail.com

Thanks for reading

TP, Tim & Ali
Old 29-Apr-2006, 22:17
MotoGP God

For an idea of what race day is like at a KRC endurance event please read this --> http://www.krcendurance.co.uk/2006champ.html

Hopefully this will whet a few appetites
Old 29-Apr-2006, 22:53
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
Quite happy to come along and give you guys a hand, whether it be helping with wheel changes or just making tea Got a lovely, blue GSXR6 K1 in the workshop that would suit you guys down to the ground
Old 29-Apr-2006, 23:00
Big Twin

Tp what you need mate I know of fully sorted endurance k3 1000 (world championship winning bike) Race trucks etc

I could help as I have a bit of world endurance Knowledge now and work on 06 R1's most weekends.

Dunno about loan or hire of K3 but I could ask if ya want.

Old 29-Apr-2006, 23:02
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by AGE996
Tp what you need mate I know of fully sorted endurance k3 1000 (world championship winning bike) Race trucks etc

I could help as I have a bit of world endurance Knowledge now and work on 06 R1's most weekends.

Dunno about loan or hire of K3 but I could ask if ya want.

We'd be very appreciative of anything you could offer Age, we've already discussed speaking toyou to try and leverage your experience/contacts in the endurance world.

As for the K3 well there's no harm asking, if you don't ask you don't get!

Cheers,

I'm getting quite excited about this!
Old 29-Apr-2006, 23:17
Big Twin

OK Mate I am back at the workshop tomorrow and will ask the Manager, I know they wanted around £9500 for the K3 but they might hire it out.

I know of one team in the krc who have bought 2 bikes from Phaseone (1 gsxr1000 and a 05 R1) and seem to be doing well with them.

the K3 has quick change wheels front and rear (we do tyres and fuel 24L + rider change in around 20 seconds) dunno about spare wheels tho. might be able to get ya some 195 or 205 tyres as well.

Old 29-Apr-2006, 23:31
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by Grib
Quite happy to come along and give you guys a hand, whether it be helping with wheel changes or just making tea Got a lovely, blue GSXR6 K1 in the workshop that would suit you guys down to the ground

Thanks Luce

No doubt you're aware I've been having a text conversation with Tony this evening. We'd be grateful for any help you could give us - even if its just making tea and being supportive. We'll need someone to calculate times on the bike and do pitboards and all that malarkey I suppose!
Old 29-Apr-2006, 23:34
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
Ooer, not done pitboards before. I can learn though
Old 29-Apr-2006, 23:44
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Quote:
Originally posted by Grib

Thanks Luce

No doubt you're aware I've been having a text conversation with Tony this evening. We'd be grateful for any help you could give us - even if its just making tea and being supportive. We'll need someone to calculate times on the bike and do pitboards and all that malarkey I suppose!

Yes mate the time keeping is very important ! you have to work out how many laps you do on fuel (Our r1's do 55 mins on 24L) the time keepers have to write down every lap time, real race time, calculate ETA next lap and time pitstops as they are all very important. You are also the first point of contact for the rider and if you don't bring him in at the right time the rider will not be happy with ya as they have just had to push it in as they ran out of juice.

I was doing 2 hour stints at le Mans on time keeping and once you get the hang of it it quite easy.
Old 30-Apr-2006, 00:03
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Having done endurance before I can give a couple of pieces of advice:

1. Spend time getting the bike set up to suit you all or get individual setups, make note of the changes and then arrange you riding order to make it quick and easy to swap between the setups.

2. Make sure you have a good tyre budget. The team I was riding for didn't and we ended up recyling tyres which, was not a lot of fun.

BTW Tony...endurance racing is what you do when you get too old for club racing

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit