Ducati Sporting Club UK
Private Adverts
Use this forum for all private adverts. You must have been a registered member on this board for at least 14 days before you are allowed to post.

Old 15-Sep-2014, 00:04
Big Twin

Selling ST4s

Hi

I have decided to sell my ST4s.

It is the grey model / 2003
39,800 miles
OK condition.
Maintenance done generally myself with a major service at 33,000 m (including cleaning of the ports, valves, piston crowns, new gaskets, reshimming, belts, etc).
Some invoices available from Nelly and Protwin for parts or servicing.

Condition is OK though age starts showing a bit.
Comes with official side paniers.
Seat is the later model, gel seat, much more comfortable.
Brakes have been changed to 999 calipers and master cylinders (with some mods to the gas grip).
It has all the standard ST4s additions (TiNi forks, ohlins shock -recently serviced by Steve Jordan, billet ride height adjuster, alloy swingarm, etc)

The bad bits:
- some pealing on the underside and rear of engine
- standard immobiliser has been disconnected
- Loom was changed in the past - orginal with a Datatool alarm can be had too (though one of the injectors will need reconnecting)
- The sprocket retaining plate needs regular changing. The previous owner did not do this and the edge of the shaft is slightly chewed.
- Chain and sprocket don't have huge amount of life left.

I would be looking for £1900.
Bike located in south of Croydon.

Old 15-Sep-2014, 20:07
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Looks good - dont forget about your Carbon rear huggar that I spied - every bit helps.

Interesting screen - Zero gravity or other?

Re: The sprocket retaining plate, here is a thread I started elsewhere that might be of help:

http://www.ducati-upnorth.com/forum/...rocket-warning

NB - Have you reversed the gear change?
Old 16-Sep-2014, 22:17
Big Twin

yeah it has the lot specific to the ST4s which is quite special compared to ST2 or ST4. Carbon hugger, ally swingarm, 5 spoke wheels, ohlins shock.
If I don't have any taker I would split the bike as I could make quite a lot more than this. I just don't have the time and need the space.

Do you know the guy that is showing that different spacer arrangement. I would quite like doing the same to my bike. Simple fix really, I was thinking doing just that. actually.
Old 17-Sep-2014, 07:58
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Hello again,

Yes the guy is Mike (Shannon, I believe) he is based in Antrim and machines lots of parts himself, I bought some myself & was very pleased.

Not sure he is making the sprocket plate as such but you can contact him via his Ebay page here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/michael4317/m.html?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEFSXS%3AMESOI&_trksid=p2 053788.m1543.l2654
Old 20-Sep-2014, 18:42
Big Twin

Thanks, i have contacted him. I bought tools and trolley from him in the past actually.

Anybody interested in the ST? Considering breaking it but that would be a shame.

P

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit