Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 21-Dec-2006, 07:26
500SD
Bikes: ST4S

Talking commo

Just bought an Arai ZZR lid and am now mating it up to the Baehr commo system I got for an early X-mas present. As the cheek pads come out, it was pretty straight forward installing the speakers so that the little connectors were accessible and the speakers did not interfere with anything. Big problem I have not solved yet is getting the mic installed. This Arai has a slidable chin piece to cut some of the wind hitting the neck and I am not sure how I can cut into the chin piece, mount the mic and not interfere with this sliding piece (may not need it to slide though).
Also finished most of the mounting of the system on the bike. Put a Euro socket on the power lead to plug into the outlet on the left, ran the helmet outlet out in front of the seat and down right under the tank. Hopefully, as I disconnect the helmet lead I will remember to unplug the system as the power outlet is not switched. The system box was magic taped to the frame behind the suspension adjuster at the right side underneath the small fairing alongside the seat. I have an adapter for an MP3 player and I plan to run that up under the tank and mount my iPod in front of the handlbars, but I haven't worked that out completely yet.
Tried out the helmet and iPod and get good sound, but need to go riding next and see what happens in the wind. Also, need to work on hooking the cell phone into the system as well and see what that entails.
Most of this was done to take care of commo with the new wife on the back and to keep her from falling asleep when riding (on mountian roads for god's sake!).
Just thought some of you might be interested in this little project.