Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 10-Aug-2005, 13:00
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Found a CR250. Let the bone braking begin
I bought a car with HP still on it.
just paid of the company then gave the seller the remainder which wasn't much by then. must of been gutted
Old 10-Aug-2005, 13:52
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Quote:
Originally posted by itexuk
Thanks for all your help, all sorted by mid next week when I pick up bike.
Got myself a bargain, seen bike, docs, etc etc + spoke to HP company Black Horse who are sending me a copy of the settlement figure. Have agreed with seller and Blachkhorse that I will phone them from his house with my Debit card details to clear HP and pay balance to seller.
Got it for a bargain £6100.

The original owner took a big hit there for just 560 miles (running it in or racing ). I hope he got it for a good price when he bought it. It seems you got a bargain though. Enjoy
Old 10-Aug-2005, 17:39
Mille

Mood: Great
Gather he pair £7495 from Riders Bristol, he needs to sell ( Cash problems ) and it is a buyers market. Tyres not scrubbbbbed in yet so not been thrashed for its 541 miles.
Just loking forward to picking it up next week.
Now need to sell my 750SS which is in mint condition, E Bay here I come
Old 10-Aug-2005, 18:35
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by itexuk
Tyres not scrubbbbbed in yet so not been thrashed for its 541 miles.
It'll need its first service in 80 miles time!
Sounds like you got a bargain,nice one.
Old 14-Aug-2005, 23:22
RCA

Quote:
Originally posted by Twinfan
Seems VERY cheap for a brand new bike. They're £8795 retail, so it's lost £2545 in four months if it goes for that price...

nah, riders were selling the remainding UK stock back in May, they were not much over £7k. Basically you get what you pay for, an underpowered bag of spanners ; )
Old 15-Aug-2005, 10:37
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Quote:
you get what you pay for

Exactly, that's why I bought an '04 749S
Old 15-Aug-2005, 12:30
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Quote:
Originally posted by RCA
nah, riders were selling the remainding UK stock back in May, they were not much over £7k. Basically you get what you pay for, an underpowered bag of spanners ; )

R1 '05 - AKRAPOVIC - POWER COMMANDER - RENTHAL - DID - K&N - CRG - GILLES - DNA - HEL

Is that you Nori-san You are a riding god
Old 15-Aug-2005, 15:49
Mille

Mood: Great
Quote:
Originally posted by RCA
Quote:
Originally posted by Twinfan
Seems VERY cheap for a brand new bike. They're £8795 retail, so it's lost £2545 in four months if it goes for that price...

Hi RCA,
Never been one to knock another bikers bike, we are all bikers what ever we ride. R1 is a nice bike mate but I prefer my bag of spanners than yours, at least mine's a Ducati
Old 15-Aug-2005, 23:12
RCA

Quote:
we are all bikers what ever we ride.
Teenage moped chavs are not 'bikers'.

Quote:
R1 is a nice bike mate
The best in its class, thanks.

Quote:
at least mine's a Ducati
So your single requirement for this purchase was that it had to have 'Ducati' written on the tank? Performance & looks were irrelevant? This is typical of someone who is buying into the 'Ducati' brand for all the wrong reasons. My feeling is that this is a compulsive purchase and you are buying it because it is cheap, buy hey, it gets you onto a ‘Ducati’. I rode this bike for half a day and it is seriously underpowered, and has zero grunt, (almost on the verge of being dangerous, given its weight). It sounds totally naff, so you will need another £1000 (which you will not see back) to sort the sound out, and finally you will get a sorry return when you come to sell it, which you will. Given Iam a massive fan of the 998 (and still looking for my baby) I cannot understand why anyone would buy what is basically a **** Ducati bike. I do not care who designed it or the glory, or the name on the tank, etc, it is still a **** bike with a pathetic engine. Next you’ll be buying a Benelli cause they are cheap….That said, if you want your ‘poor mans’ Ducati, good luck, and ride safely (don't worry this is the 749s only mode), and I’ll see you behind, sorry, around.

Enjoy it….
Old 15-Aug-2005, 23:32
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Quote:
So your single requirement for this purchase was that it had to have 'Ducati' written on the tank? Performance & looks were irrelevant? This is typical of someone who is buying into the 'Ducati' brand for all the wrong reasons. My feeling is that this is a compulsive purchase and you are buying it because it is cheap, buy hey, it gets you onto a ‘Ducati’. I rode this bike for half a day and it is seriously underpowered, and has zero grunt, (almost on the verge of being dangerous, given its weight). It sounds totally naff, so you will need another £1000 (which you will not see back) to sort the sound out, and finally you will get a sorry return when you come to sell it, which you will. Given Iam a massive fan of the 998 (and still looking for my baby) I cannot understand why anyone would buy what is basically a [Censored] Ducati bike. I do not care who designed itor the glory, or the name on the tank, etc, it is still a [Censored] bike with a pathetic engine. Next you’ll be buying a Benelli cause they are cheap….That said, if you want your ‘poor mans’ Ducati, good luck, and ride safely (don't worry this is the 749s only mode), and I’ll see you behind, sorry, around.

Enjoy it….

1) The 749 will feel slow if you're used to an R1. There's a 50bhp difference, so what did you expect?

2) This is a Ducati forum. We are quite likely to sing the praises of Ducatis.

3) I find your attitude uncalled for. Please go back to the MCN forum where you belong.