Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 06-Jun-2006, 11:20
Montjuic

Mood: Garage is getting too small....
Question Ride height adjustment

Just seen a ride height adjuster for a Multistrada on the Ducati Leeds website. Anyone tried one of these yet...??

I'd like the ride height to be a bit lower than standard, and I'm 6' tall...so there must be a few people out there who have the same trouble getting their leg over it, and getting both feet on the floor without tippy-toeing.
Old 06-Jun-2006, 19:31
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckling
Just seen a ride height adjuster for a Multistrada on the Ducati Leeds website. Anyone tried one of these yet...??

I'd like the ride height to be a bit lower than standard, and I'm 6' tall...so there must be a few people out there who have the same trouble getting their leg over it, and getting both feet on the floor without tippy-toeing.

what ride height adjustor??, i don't think i've seen that. you already have the ride height tie bar you can adjust but i keep raising mine, i'm 5'7 and have it up a lot higher than its meant to be plus spring won't sag as i'm too light for the 90kg oe spring
Old 07-Jun-2006, 08:47

I looked at that & wondered if it was worth a try.
Surely if you lower the ride height at the back you would have to drop the forks through the clamps to avoid changing the rake of the forks & so the handling characteristics. Be interesting to hear from anybody who has tried it.
Old 07-Jun-2006, 09:24
Big Twin

Yes its a shorter bar than standard to allow you to lower the bike. I think the standard adjuster is on its lowest setting as it comes from the factory. So to lower the height you need the new adjuster. As has been said if you lower the rear by much you will also need to do the same to the front to preserve the handling. Problem is on the Multi is ground clearance especially with the exhaust shield on righthanders. I'm a good bit over 6ft and pretty heavy and the shield touches down easily at standard settings.

The Multis pretty tall but at 6ft I'm surprise you are struggling with the seat height. May I be so bold as to suggest a pair of 1970s Platform sole boots? You could then purchase a few Slade and Sweet and other glam rock records to go with the transformation.