Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 17-Jul-2005, 23:41
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Quote:
Originally posted by MARTIN H
Have a look on multistrada.net , there has been much talk of new banjo bolts etc curing this problem. Mines been ok so far (8000 miles) Gizmo how much have you been quoted for the 05 upgrade?

i think its suspension related, only getting about 100mm of travel but its firming up towards that part of stroke, wondering if fork justs starts to lock as you brake hard then skips across road, its dangerous if you are banked over mid corner and try and use front brake.

upgrade was in with price of bike, they just didn't have the parts. Seat is a must, 120 miles and my ar*e knows about it, 999 is more comfy.

did the Brough/Middleton road today, supermoto it is not but still enjoyable other than touching down a bit. Might give you a shout next week Martin could maybe head up to Keilder.
Old 18-Jul-2005, 01:23
Big Twin

I know what you mean about the seat! That why I was enquiring re cost I was quoted £132.43 just for riders seat. The touching down can be a little disconcerting especialy on right handers, that pesky exhaust shield is gonna have to go! I changed the suspension settings quite a lot when I first got the bike but cannot remember by how much? I do know I whacked the rear preload up a hell of a lot but I am a little heavier than you. Strangely I do not seem to have things touch down as often as when I first got the bike (moving UP from a 996S) maybe I ride it differently now to how I did at first.

I will be up for a run especially Kielder this week as I have been working like a madman recently and should have plenty of free time over the next week or so. I am flexible re days and times except Tuesday morning as I am fulfilling parental duties. Am a little battered at the moment as I took a bit of a tumble yesterday which was not bike related and have a black and blue patch on the right side of my back measuring 15inch by 4 inch. It was in fact a freak guitar related accident which is too ridiculous/embarresing to mention here, I will tell you bout it when I see you.

Look forward to Kielder, I may get some padded cycling shorts as its 400 miles of b roads round trip for me. Where you reckon to meet up?

Martin

ps what colour your Multistrada?
Old 18-Jul-2005, 08:33
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
My MTS had the banjo bolt 'solution' and it has'nt made any differance whatsoever.
My bike only ever judders at very low speeds,and not all the time!It makes it very difficult to work out why it does it!
The judder only ever happens at the last 10-15 mph as I'm coming to a stop,and to be honest,I can live with that.
Old 21-Jul-2005, 22:12
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
I have ridden into London a few times and filtering as brought this to my attention now, - as my theory is that you brake hard you do not notice it, but City riding is a pain with it as it makes the front feel quite uncertain as you go through small gaps.

Off to talk to dealer.
Old 22-Jul-2005, 18:25
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
New discs under warranty cured my problem.

I changed the riders seat for a Sargent seat and its miles better. I couldn't have contemplated the John O Groats to Lands End with the standard instrument of torture fitted to the 04 bike, can't comment on the 05 seats though.
Old 24-Nov-2005, 19:08

The official "cure" for this problem is to change the banjo bolt for new one Pt. No. 69922861A. This one has a smaller hole in it.
Apparently the brake fluid can set up a pulse in the hose, a bit like when the water pipes "hammer" in your house. The smaller hole acts like a damper.
That, and possibly a set of new pads (Ducati originally listed a different part No. but these have now been discontinued) SHOULD cure the problem
Old 24-Nov-2005, 19:54
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
The replacement banjo did'nt cure my brake judder,....mebbe I'll try some new pads.(Now out of warranty )
To be honest the judder happens so infrequently,I can live with it.
Old 24-Nov-2005, 23:35
Mille

I must be one of the lucky few, i have read about this problem and heard it talked about many times, but have never suffered with any kind of brake judder:P Shall be upgrading my calipers to Brembo four pads next week any way just waiting for the new brake lines to come through the post. All supplied by Neil (Nelly) of Cornerspeed.............that should earn me a little extra discount