Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 19-Apr-2004, 00:41   #1
500SD

Mood: UKGS'ers Non PC and Vibrant
Foggy
who took the thread off about Foggy I was just warming up for a reply
you miserable gits""""
Old 19-Apr-2004, 00:45   #2
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I guess it was deemed a little inflammatory .... nevermind ...
Old 19-Apr-2004, 00:48   #3
500SD

Foggy
Thats why I like him becuase he was!
Old 19-Apr-2004, 00:52   #4
MotoGP God

Fair enough ...

He seems to have mellowed since the FP1 days .. it was interesting for him to choose Corser to ride for him really considering they weren't the best of teammates.

I remember seeing him interviewed and the disdain he has shown fans and other riders - absolutely no respect. This is where I've formed my opinion of him being arrogant. I'm open to being proved wrong on this ...

TP
Old 19-Apr-2004, 00:58   #5
500SD

Foggy
Ive never meet him personely so on that note i cannot form an opinion.
I think he is one of the best riders,not the best as there is no such rider.
every season is different power/tyres tracks etc.
the only way is to stick all the best riders on the same bikes at the same time.
All i would say is if he hadnt been around to ride for Ducati at that time i dont think Ducati would be around in the position they are now.
Old 19-Apr-2004, 01:03   #6
MotoGP God

I agree, I've never met him either so I must temper my thoughts with that. It's just what I've seen on his opinions on other riders and him talking himself up.

However, I agree that he is\was (not riding anymore) an extremelely focussed and talented rider. I don't agree that Ducati wouldn't be in the same place though, they easily had the most dominant bike and there were plenty queueing up to ride it and there were world championships that went to Ducati without his name on them while he was still riding - Corser for one. They would have done just fine IMO.

He seems to be doing well though, it was a good weekend for Foggy Petronas and good to see Corser back on the podium and the stalker doing well - I like his style ...

TP
Old 19-Apr-2004, 01:10   #7
500SD

Foggy
Ive read autobs on foggy the last one on Sheene and hodgy and baz was no different to fogs he was just better at PR but he sold a lot of suks i bought one after seeing him race at brands.
as for hodgy's i didnt finish the book it was crap he just hasnt got the bite the other two had sorry.
Old 19-Apr-2004, 01:17   #8

tp-996 your teminolgy (no not terminoni) was a little near to the mark on the other thread, - respect for all and all that and everfing.
No reason not to keep the discussion going though now.
Old 19-Apr-2004, 08:46   #9
BSB Star

There's no denying that Foggy lacks a few graceful genes!! Look at Schmacher in F1, arrogrance is not even close!

I met Foggy once, he was a bit of a fool towards his fans, but he did take the time to put pen and paper and sign a few autographs. But, lets take the measure of what Foggy achieved on the track, 4 titles. I think enough is said. I believe Foggy did cement Ducati a lot further in the world than if he had not ever ridden a Ducati. In this country more than anywhere else.

In 99 i saw him race at Brands, awesome. When he announced he was to retire, and a certain Miss Perry put this question to him, on live TV, and broadcast to the crowd at Brands, his reaction said a lot about him when the crowd reacted... I think he did the humble thing, and then changed his mind about retiring. And, i met him a year later, and he was not the same to the fans in the previous years. I feel, and still feel this, i don't think he enjoyed the attention from the fans or the lime light.

As for hiring Corsa, Foggy said, there's nobody in WSB who can set a bike up like him, and his ability to develop a bike. That is what we need in a rider when we have nothing but a blank sheet to work from. I hear Foggy and Chilli have put the past behind him. Foggy was wrong that day with Chilli............

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by flanker]
Old 19-Apr-2004, 10:59   #10
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Only 4 titles, don't the F1s count. The guy was fast very fast even at the TT where he was at one time the lap record holder. Still remember his first WSB win without works machinery under him. I for one enjoyed watching him race didn't matter what bike or what championship he always gave it 100%. I'm sure he did a lot for the crowds at Brands WSB and for Ducati sales in this country.

Postbit Selector