Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 02-Oct-2006, 13:14
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
3 wsb titles in 4 years, with 3 different riders, against 1000cc opposition,.............god it is a **** bike, lets have a new model!

....and what makes it even more amazing is its clearly a slower bike than the inl4's, god knows Whitham says so 4-5 times a race!

well done Troy, win again next year!
Old 02-Oct-2006, 13:26
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb
3 wsb titles in 4 years, with 3 different riders, against 1000cc opposition,.............god it is a **** bike, lets have a new model!

Change the record you big goose!

The Ducati's would be nowhere without the extra tuning they're allowed over the IL4's so it's not a level playing field. Even with THE MAN riding it.

It's a very good road bike though, even if it is ugly

The best thing for Ducati in WSB will be the rules being changed to allow the twins to have more capacity and bring the tuning rules inline with the IL4's. Just my opinion mind ...
Old 02-Oct-2006, 13:34
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP
Change the record you big goose!

The Ducati's would be nowhere without the extra tuning they're allowed over the IL4's so it's not a level playing field. Even with THE MAN riding it.

It's a very good road bike though, even if it is ugly

The best thing for Ducati in WSB will be the rules being changed to allow the twins to have more capacity and bring the tuning rules inline with the IL4's. Just my opinion mind ...

I think my record is a valid point......... 3 different riders n all that! when it goes to 1200 cc thatll be like going back to the 750 inl4's, so your level playing field is even less level!
Old 02-Oct-2006, 13:35
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb
I think my record is a valid point......... 3 different riders n all that! when it goes to 1200 cc thatll be like going back to the 750 inl4's, so your level playing field is even less level!

Hrmm ... I'm not really following your logic there. ... but you go for it!

Old 02-Oct-2006, 14:47
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
It's nothing to do with the tuning the Dukes are allowed - even with that level they're still way down on power. It's the MotoGP ECU that's costing a fortune to buy and setup for each race to get the absolute maximum out of what they have. If they had more power they wouldn't need such sophisticated electronics and they could rely on old school BHP like the IL4s.
Old 02-Oct-2006, 17:39
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinfan
It's nothing to do with the tuning the Dukes are allowed - even with that level they're still way down on power. It's the MotoGP ECU that's costing a fortune to buy and setup for each race to get the absolute maximum out of what they have. If they had more power they wouldn't need such sophisticated electronics and they could rely on old school BHP like the IL4s.

That's my point - not wanting to bandy semantics but adding the ECU and electronics etc IS tuning
Old 03-Oct-2006, 12:21
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
So are they allowed more electronics than the IL4s? I know they're allowed more scope within engine internals, but I thought everyone can run whatever ECU with traction control etc? The Suzukis certainly have a top spec system.
Old 03-Oct-2006, 14:17
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
I thought it came down to litres per second of air flow, as the metric used to ensure the playing field was even. From memory the maximum is 14,000litre per minute or something or other, which means that you can add fuel at only one given flow rate as you need to keep the engine form running lean or rich to get maximum torque/power. In order to get to that flow rate, the Ducatis have to have more expensive mechanical components within the engine. Hence the cost. Bigger engine = same flow rate at lower cost and keeps the playing field even. Last time I was at Silverstone Haga's bike was 9km/h quicker than Bayliss' on the straight, but Bayliss must have been quicker elsewhere to set pole, and the win one of the races. Some of that is him, but as Andy says, 3 different riders so part of it is down to the beautiful 999.
Old 03-Oct-2006, 14:40
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Ducati want to have 1200cc for a simple reason................cost. Pretty much as 749er points out.

Yes they are allowed to modify the oily bits of the engine a lot more then IL4 and with that modification comes a lot more stresses and strains that require a lot more preventative maintenance, i.e expensive engine parts are skipped far more often that the less highly tuned IL4s.

Ducati want to see more privateers on their bikes on the grid, the current structure makes it far cheaper to get an IL4 competitive and maintain it for a privateer team than a V twin.

ya know why the factory 999s have been so quick and won the championships?...................the riders think the bikes are dog ugly and wanna get the race over as soon as possible, they keep having to change riders 'cos no one wants to ride them ugly 999s for longer than they have too, hell Bayliss couldn't face a year on the 999 so went to Honda to ride a MotoGP bike, only came back to Ducati cos he was promised they were replacing the bike with something less ugly..............

Good on ya Xaus, he knows how to treat a 999 and single handedly is trying to destroy as many as possible

I could go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and onand on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.......................but I wont

Ray.
Old 03-Oct-2006, 18:52
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray
Ducati want to have 1200cc for a simple .................Pretty much as 749er points out.

Ray.

you got it Ray, the BEAUTIFUL 999!!!!!!!!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit