Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 01-Jun-2005, 13:58
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Mondello Park Ireland 15 & 16 August

Go on, go on, go on, go on, GO ON!!!!!!!!!

Track day event of the year for me. No Limits are doing Mondello Park for the first time. We have negotiated the use of the full 2.25 mile circuit as used by BSB, as opposed to the short circuit that Mondello normally run. The circuit now has FIA standard pit garages and facilities and the demanding and technical track is in superb condition.

The dates are Monday and Tuesday 15 and 16 August. Each day is £119 or both days for £219, but DSC members get it for £107 or £198 for both days.

We can arrange bike transport at £85 from St Albans. We have a long list of local accommodation from cheap B&B's to more expensive hotels. Travel is simple and can be cheap if you shop around. Alternatively, hire a van and go yourself, it's only 25 miles from Dublin.

This is a bit of a one-off 'foreign' trip to the beautiful Emerald Isle with all the craic that goes with it. We'll be going over for the weekend and making a bit of a holiday of it. If you want to 'drive' the circuit, see this link, (although I couldn't get it to run).

http://www.mondello.ie/drive.php

If you fancy it, give Mark a call on 01727 899173. All the usual No Limits attributes apply including low numbers on track, lots of instructors, maximum track time and generally a well run, friendly day.

Give me a shout if you want any further info, but it would be great to have a few DSC mates on the trip with me.

WeeJohnyB
Old 01-Jun-2005, 14:53
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Oooh, Ooooh, Oooooooh!!!

I'm banned from trackdays until after my daughters wedding

But my daughters wedding is on 6th August, so this event is after that

It's my 50th birthday on 17th August....bloody hell....50 !!!!

But that means a day at Mondello Park would be a fantastic birthday pressie from Mrs Jools...who keeps asking me what I want to do for my 50th 'cos it needs to be special...and I'd like to go back to Ireland again after last years holiday

But Mrs Jools would want to be part of my 50th so she might object

But not if I worked it in with taking her on a touring holiday in Ireland and let her go shopping in Dublin that day

But I couldn't go touring in ireland if I binned the bike at Mondello

So I could do it at the end of a holiday then

But I'd need to count my pennies and I'm broke

I can feel a plan forming though
Old 01-Jun-2005, 15:03
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Jools, remember to make it a w/end to remember (for you & Mrs Jools of course )
- by stopping in at Donnington on the Satuday - on the way over to Ireland, for the DD round

C
Old 02-Jun-2005, 11:03
888 at Last !!!

I'd really like to do this. The bike transport seems very cheap. Any places to stay near by Mondello and how much? This is the last week of a contract I'm working on so I'll have to try and sort something out to be able to make it but if I can make it I will.
Old 02-Jun-2005, 11:29
Mille

I highly recommend this place:

http://www.redhouse.ie/introduction.shtml

it's about 20 mins from the circuit, Guiness is up to usual Irish Standards, great food & top breakfast.