Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 16-Aug-2004, 22:38
Big Twin

s4 senna?

took my 996r for its first mot today and saw impressive looking monster for sale, I kinda like it! and was thinking of puting another toy in the toy box.

It was a 52 reg with loadsa carbon and grey tank with senna in red on the tank and red wheels, carbon twin pipes and a 2 sided swinging arm.

being very new (i know almost nothing about monsters) except this one has the 996 engine, can you help me out?

was there a s4 senna model, is this a genuine senna if so? how do i tell? whats it worth roughly as a private sale with only 750miles?

what if anything do i need to watch out for?

thanks
Old 17-Aug-2004, 08:39
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
The Monster S4 uses a 916 motor not the 996.The steel grey tank and red wheels are a standard colour.Its not a limited edition and the Senna graphics have probably been added on.
Expect to pay 5-4.5k.
Old 17-Aug-2004, 11:34
Bevel Head

Mood: Grumpy 'Old' Man!
The S4R uses the 996 engine...

The S4 is tasty, you can get bargains nowadays since the introduction of the S4R...

The S4R was just reviewed, again, in the MCN this past week...well worth a read...
Old 17-Aug-2004, 17:58
Mille

buy mine!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungi
It was a 52 reg with loadsa carbon and grey tank with senna in red on the tank and red wheels, carbon twin pipes and a 2 sided swinging arm.

being very new (i know almost nothing about monsters) except this one has the 996 engine, can you help me out?

was there a s4 senna model, is this a genuine senna if so? how do i tell? whats it worth roughly as a private sale with only 750miles?

what if anything do i need to watch out for?

thanks

Or you could buy mine - 51 plate, December 2001. Grey with red wheels with polished sil-motor high pipes (+ originals for MOT). Up for £4500 but have been given a good trade in deal of 'between' 4000 - 4,500 unseen so they will most probably offer me £4000. I would hope to get £4250 for it at a private sale and am also in Kent (Bexleyheath area). Most probably doing the deal this weekend so let me know.

Best regards

simon
Old 17-Aug-2004, 20:56
Big Twin

so im confused, il ring and find out what model it is s4 or s4r, but im fairly sure its not an r
Old 18-Aug-2004, 00:59
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Monster S4

The S4R is a very differant animal,single sided swing arm and both exhausts up one side."Fat" h/bars mounted on top yolk.

Also available in the grey/red wheels colours.

[Edited on 18-8-2004 by KeefyB]
Old 19-Aug-2004, 20:11
Big Twin

thanks for the help everyone!

marchesini, i saw your post on UKMOC and perhaps its not quite what i want? good luck with your deal!

thanks for pics KeefyB they are useful, bike i was looking at is deff not an s4r and although imacc/ loadsa cacrbon and quite georgeous and only 750 miles its overpriced, so ive bought something else for a while insted.

thanks everyone for being so helpful