Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 17-May-2005, 17:29
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Getting a superlicence won't be a problem if the Doctor goes this route.

Two things are critical for the leap into F1.

The right Team. The succesful teams in F1 are so much bigger. 500 people directly involved in some? If just one package element lets the team down you are toast. Tyres, engine, aero, finance,

Speed. That might be obvious but the top teams are not going to want to take anyone, even Rossi unless they are competitive. Getting within a small percentage of the pace is a lot easier than finding the last bit that separates an "average" F1 driver from a consistent pace setter.

WRC is IMHO the slightly softer option. Not so much at stake moneywise. It is still possible to compete as a so called privateer. Last weekend's Cyprus rally is a case in point. How the doctor will get on with some "sack of spuds" reading the notes to him is anyones guess!!, not quite the solace of Moto GP, man and machine alone on the circuit.

Rossi has "dabbled" in both F1 testing and WRC but the days of jumping from bike to F1, or F1 to WRC and showing the field which way is up have long gone............................but maybe the Doctor is up to the challenge of proving this to be wrong.

One thing is certain F1 needs some livening up, avid F1 follwing mates are starting to wake to to bike racing!

Ray.
Old 18-May-2005, 00:13
500SD

Mood: UKGS'ers Non PC and Vibrant
Quote:
One thing is certain F1 needs some livening up, avid F1 follwing mates are starting to wake to to bike racing!

Thats got to be the understatement of the year,watching someone throw-up is more exciting.
and as for starting to wake up more like coming out of a coma.
The car in front is A A A FERRARI WELL THATS A SURPRISE.
Old 18-May-2005, 00:38
BSB Star

I just don't see it happening, I think in the day and age in F1, power + speed and no race experiance in F1, maybe a season in F3000/F3. Although I still think if he was, WRC is where it will be.

Although, it all could be Rossi PR bullsh*t.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit