Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 02-Feb-2004, 11:57
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally posted by uncledunnie
So by the time you take the cost of a Ducati main service out of the equation it does'nt really cost that much to get your bike set up properly.

£3,670 - 6K service from 'On Yer Bike' @ £399 = £3271

Good luck to you, it's not down to me to tell you how to spend your hard earned dosh, and you have got a bike pumping out more power than a 'standard' R for about the same money (£17K ish), but that's still a lot of money on Planet Jools

[Edited on 2-2-2004 by Jools]
Old 02-Feb-2004, 13:53
Mille

Jools,

you are right the total cost is alot but its not necessary to spend on the big pipes or the related head work to get the engine right.

What has made a significant difference is the blue printing of the original motor something On-Yer-Bike (£599 for a major service on a 999s incle belt change) or any other main stream dealer will never be able to do for you during a service and for a one off payment of around £600 more I think that it is money well spent. Especially if like me you intend to keep the bike for a few years.

The one thing I have noticed recently tho' is that second hand parts for these bikes are starting to filter onto the market which is good news for anyone wanting to dabble without paying full price.

For example, I recently bought a spare set of genuine levers and foot pegs together with some other bits and bobs for £50 and where ever possible I will be buying second hand to build up my track day spares.

Then again I could have spent £2k on carbon body work and paint and £1k on a smaller set of Termi's without any set-up....

In my opion that would have been a waste of money, but as you rightly say, you pay your money and make your choice.
Old 02-Feb-2004, 14:26
Montjuic

Quote:
Originally posted by uncledunnie

PC3 including set up, dyno time, etc £360. Again, not my first choice from a set up point of view since it maps both cylinders indentically.

The PCIII USB has individual cylinder mapping which is essential to maximise power gains from your bike.
Old 17-Feb-2004, 14:57
Mille

Quote:
mines still being sorted by ducati uk to get the power in a decent ballpark (valve spring was broken, resulting in only 120 at the rear) when thats done it will probably be off to neil too

Valve spring? Surely not?!
Old 17-Feb-2004, 16:05
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
Quote:
Originally posted by Harry S
Quote:
mines still being sorted by ducati uk to get the power in a decent ballpark (valve spring was broken, resulting in only 120 at the rear) when thats done it will probably be off to neil too

Valve spring? Surely not?!

yes, even though its a desmo system there are still valve springs in there too.
they are there to take up the slack on closure, obviously if the valves are not closing properly you will lose some power.
mines read now and apparently the curve is much better and its chucking out 132 at the rear (up from 120).