Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 29-Jun-2003, 08:01
Big Twin
Bikes: 996 race bike

Mood: Almost over it.
Good news (exhausts) and bad news (paint)

Yesterday Neil at Cornerspeed fitted a set of Sil carbon slip ons to my 750ss. It's now bloody loud and sounds like a proper Ducati. I'm well impressed so far. So thank you Neil for a job well done.

However, I also noticed yesterday that the dark goldy coloured paint was starting to peel away from my engine cover. After washing the bike even more had peeled away! I've now got a section about the size of a Jaffa cake that the paint has peeled away from. And obviously this looks crap. So, any ideas on the best way to:

a) stop anymore peeling away
b) re-applying the paint.

I don't really want to go for the full respray option at this point. Can I get some touch up pain and do it myself in the interim?

Any thoughts much appreciated.

[Edited on 29-6-2003 by phillc]
Old 30-Jun-2003, 21:25
Mille

Mood: fair to middling
emma peel

aw, you can't get too anal about peely flakey engine paint - it's just the way the bee bumbles and the thunder rumbles on Ducs. Try not to look at it too much and instead wallow in the music of those lovely Sils. By the way, were they symmetrical? I bought a pair of hi-level carbon ones and the '~' sections definitely had different curves. A bit like French & Saunders.
zimbo