Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 11-May-2004, 16:20
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

I asked the Webteam to move this thread into the 'SS' forum ... which they have done stunningly quickly and the previous thread has been locked.

Chi - non other than Mr. Jonathan Novice owns a shiney Mk1 SL with a stunning spec .... I wonder if I still have it anywhere.........

Haaa Haaaaaaa oh yes...here we go...

"Ducati 944cc Superlight MK1. The original Superlight with the Marvic Magnesium polished wheels: 944 conversion, twin plug heads, Kehin flatslides, Bos primaries, Maxton Reworked front suspension, EMC rear shock, AP mastercylinder, Mexmachez swinging arm, Bos Race cans, D and D Carbon cans, plus original cans - for MOT. Corbin single seat pad, Lightened Carillo conrods, Vee Two cams, Cosworth high comp pistons - I can go on but I guess you can get the picture. This bike has Bills totalling more than £8,000.00, Work carried out by Chris clarke. Most recently serviced and prepped by Sigma Performance - the Bike is mint and cherished, and will be sorely missed. More grunt than a 916 - I kid you not! Rides perfectly, no low rev transmission chatter - flat slides fitted"

THAT WILL TAKE SOME BEATING !!!!
Old 11-May-2004, 17:15
Big Twin

Mood: suck, squeeze, bang,......fart?
I'm drooling....a lot.
Old 11-May-2004, 19:29
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
What about this....an 851 with an SS motor ??? Ohlins f&r, lightweight rear wheel, restoration job, stunning black paintwork with white numberboards and gold decals (just finished)...My mechanic has just finished this project and I reckon you could buy it for around £3-£3.5k. If your interested, e-mail louigi748@aol.com and tell him Nat sent yer !!

Incidentally..he fettles my 888 and hes the most knowledgable and helpful mechanic ive ever dealt with..Reasonable too..if youd like to find out more, have a look on www.ducatitrader.co.uk (they sponsor him).

Cheers
Nat

P.S Im in tommorrow so will try and take some pics of the bike...
Old 11-May-2004, 19:34
Mille

Hi Nat,
Will you post them on the board?
Sounds a very good combination.
All the best,Jonathan
Old 11-May-2004, 21:22
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Cheers Iconic, if you're around at 1:30ish, and not fast asleep, then you're welcome to come and check her out. I'd appreciate it. All looks above board, but it'll be a bloody long way home if something goes amiss......

Come to the conclusion that an FE is definitely the best bet as it'll form a better bike to modify over the years. The superlight I lusted after was the MK1 and there's quite a few tatty ones around. Not saying there isn't one out there, just that I'm too impatient to wait and too idle to trawl the country for one. Although the FE wasn't exactly a triumphant end to the line it does have quite a few mods that over the years add up. Add I can spray the bugger red later!

Thanks all,

Ali
Old 11-May-2004, 22:00
Ducati in my Blood

Nice choice Ali..I do like the FE...lovely in silver, and a single seat too..and maisto do a £3 odel of it

Nat
Old 11-May-2004, 22:56
Ducati Meccanica

<rant>

Having made an agreement to go up and see this FE in Darlington, bought the train ticket, sorted insurance and signed for the loan, the *&%$& goes and sells it out from under me to someone else. The other guy is going on Thursday, hasn't even put up a deposit, but the seller won't let me come up and take a look tomorrow. I'm livid.

</rant>
Old 11-May-2004, 23:08
Ducati in my Blood

What a bummer..never mind..youll soon cheer up when you see this picture of the 851/SS hybrid I was talking about

Nat
Old 12-May-2004, 00:44
Big Twin

Mood: suck, squeeze, bang,......fart?
sorry to hear that Ali. Don't despair - there are 2 FE's in bike trader at the moment (no 237 and no 262) and both at the same price.

Nat - can't wait to see the 851/SS piccies! (especially the black bodywork)
Old 12-May-2004, 00:50
Ducati Meccanica

Hi chicken,

No 262 was the one in Darlington, and No 237 has been dropped on one side and not serviced in 18 months. The last service was done by the italian motocycle company... not that I;m saying nuffink.

Anyone have any ideas how the riding position differs between an 851 and a 900SS??

Ali