Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 09-Jun-2009, 21:36
Bikes: Ducati 749 Monoposte

Mood: Ducati On The Brain!
Hi, I do fill it up on the side stand but right to the top just before it spills out, working out the mpg on what it has used since the last fill up etc. works out about 35mpg.
Old 09-Jun-2009, 22:32
Mille

35mpg does seem low! Its a while since I measured mine but I'm sure mine is typically between 40 - 45mpg.
Old 10-Jun-2009, 10:11

I'm pretty sure it is running rich, hence the pops and bangs coming from the exhaust, I'll let the dealer know tomorrow when it goes in to be re-tuned, just wanted an idea in my own head incase they try to fob me off etc. will let you know tomorrow after it has been done what the difference is. Done a weekend away last week up to the Yorkshire Dales covering 540 miles, my mates Triumph 955st used half the petrol my 749 did.
Old 13-Jun-2009, 21:23

All Sorted! The valve clearences on the rear cylinder were a little tight and the throttle bodies needed re-balancing. The bike now ticks over at 1000 rpm and did not cut out once on the 90 mile trip home, pulled really well from tick over up through the rev range with no flat spots and there were no pops or bangs from the exhaust. The tank was full when I left the dealer and after 90 miles the fuel light has not yet come on, it got a bit of stick as well!