Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 05-Sep-2009, 11:00
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
749 warning lights

Hi guys

Picked up my 749 last night and took her out for a early bimble today. When stopped at lights with the engine on tickover the bottom left warning light would go orange,once pulled away and riding it would turn off.what does the warning light mean and is this normal behaviour for one of these and if its not,what should I be looking at fixing ? The bike starts first time and the battery shows 14.1 on the dash

Any ideas ?
Old 05-Sep-2009, 11:36
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
That will be the EOBD warning light.Its telling you there is a fault somewhere.You can bring up the fault codes by holding down the l/h button on the clocks while you turn on the ign.Here's a list of fault codes;
http://www.ducatisti.co.uk/forum/duc...ror-codes.html
Probably not too much to worry about,.....it could be something simple like low battery on tickover,a badly adjusted clutch switch,or sometimes if you roll backwards slightly it can confuse the speed sensor.Other common faults are front coil shorting or fuel pump relay.
Old 05-Sep-2009, 12:15
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeefyB
That will be the EOBD warning light.Its telling you there is a fault somewhere.You can bring up the fault codes by holding down the l/h button on the clocks while you turn on the ign.Here's a list of fault codes;
http://www.ducatisti.co.uk/forum/duc...ror-codes.html
Probably not too much to worry about,.....it could be something simple like low battery on tickover,a badly adjusted clutch switch,or sometimes if you roll backwards slightly it can confuse the speed sensor.Other common faults are front coil shorting or fuel pump relay.

Cheers keefyb,had a feeling you'd be the first to reply. Will flick the switch later on and see what code comes up and go from there. Should it be done with engine running or engine off ?? Will also save the link to my favourites,hopefully won't need to use it too many times lol
Old 05-Sep-2009, 15:36
WSB Hero

No need to start the bike.Just hold the button down as you turn on the ign.
Old 11-Sep-2009, 20:10
Ducati Meccanica

Keefy

I've done as you said but can't see a code anywhere. All that happens when I hold the left button down is I end up being able to change the time on the clock. Wasn't too worried about it but this avo it came on permenantely so I tried your advice but no sign of a code anywhere. Any ideas on where I'm going wrong/not looking ??
Old 11-Sep-2009, 21:42
500SD
Bikes: 999 Mono/1198S

Mood: Messing with diagnostics
Only works if the EOBD light is illuminated. Sounds like it has cleared itself. Probably the 34.0 fault that crops up now and again, then clears itself.

Just google it and read the posts.
Old 11-Sep-2009, 23:40
Ducati Meccanica

cool,its very weird

in case the light stays on permanently tomorrow where will the code flash up, in the temp gauge like on a gsxr ???
Old 12-Sep-2009, 10:43
500SD
Bikes: 999 Mono/1198S

Mood: Messing with diagnostics
It will be on the LCD display instead of the normal read out. The code is bottom right.
Old 12-Sep-2009, 13:48
WSB Hero

deej,
What are the circumstances that bring the orange light on.Only at a standstill?Engine on/engine off?In gear/neutral?Clutch in/released?
Does the neutral light work ok?
Old 12-Sep-2009, 20:32
Ducati Meccanica

ok

neutral light works fine
eobd light tends to come on when bike has the engine running and is in gear, with clutch pulled in,waiting for lights,break in the traffic etc. once up and moving the light goes out

when turning the bike on the lcd display shows 749 in large letters with a smaller en in the bottom right corner, was guessing that meant the dash was english ??