Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 07-Aug-2013, 10:45
Bikes: 1981 Mike Hailwood Replica, 2000 900SS

Question 1981 Ducati MHR Looking for Current or Past Owners

Hi,
I am looking for anyone who currently owns, or has owned a 1981 Ducati Mike Hailwood Replica.
I own a 1981 MHR which sometime during it's life, someone has replaced the original fairing with a 1984/85 2 piece MHR Mille fairing. I want to restore the bike to it's original condition and am trying to find out at what chassis number Ducati stopped using the 1 piece fairing and started to use the 2 piece fairing. All the restoration books and everyone who restores these bikes know that sometime during 1981 Ducati made the change to the 2 piece fairing, but when, nobody knows for certain. Looking through photos on forums and throughout the web I have found 3 with a 1 piece fairings and the rest with a 2 piece fairings. Hence my dilemma.
My chassis number is DM900SS*901044. The ones I have found with a 1 piece fairing are within 24 below this number, and all with the 2 piece fairing are above this number. So if you own a 1981 MHR or did own one, please get in touch and let me know how close your chassis number is to mine and if it originally came with a 1 piece or 2 piece fairing. Another change that appeared between 901000 and 901081 was the change from a non lockable petrol filler cap to a lockable one. I understand if you don't want to give me your chassis number, but I assure you I am not trying to clone a MHR. If I get it right, there should be a photo on my bike in it's current state attached to this post.
My original UK registration is UNM269W. If you remember owning this particular bike, please get in touch with me.
If I manage to figure out which was the last chassis number with a 1 piece fairing, I will post it to all Ducati forums so that future restorers know about it
Thanks
Allen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Duke.jpg (350.0 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by dukenut1 : 11-Aug-2013 at 14:10.