Ducati Sporting Club UK
Stolen Bikes
Please read the guidelines on this thread before posting an entry

Old 26-Aug-2005, 02:50
500SD

Mood: YELLOW!!!
nope, not me, but good on the guy for doing dibble's work for him as they sure aint gonna......

i recently had the local scumbag schizo-peeping tom-petty thief pay a nocturnal visit to my back garden (probably on his way to try to spy on my next door neighbour - she'd already found him at the bottom of her fire escape at 4am the week before....). anyway, while there, he stole the back wheel off my daughter's (only received 2 days before on her b'day) mountain bike. anyway, since the theft of my 748, i've upgraded my security and long story short, i got the whole thing on cctv and also his oily prints were all over the frame. eventually after i and my neighbour had harrassed the police for days, they sent a SOCO and then 2 constables to respectively take prints and view/collect the tape. the PCs immediately ID'd the guy (he'd only been out of prison for 6 weeks after being inside for 9 months for harrassment) and promised they'd be in touch re: getting a witness statement.......that was on the 20th july and i'm still waiting!
Old 26-Aug-2005, 13:22
GTL

Mood: me in a mood? NEVER!
no wonder people take the law into there own hands. and this is a sad example. has the insurance paid out now the full amount??
Old 26-Aug-2005, 13:31
500SD

the insurance paid out full amount (minus excess natch) - used some of the cash to buy a bandit (had a lot of fun on that bike and have streetfightered it a bit), some of the rest was spent on decent gear (new lid/leathers/boots), some on security (ramp to allow bike into back garden/security gate/quality chains and locks) and the rest i gave to my ex and my kids.

i've just very recently bought a 748 on finance. so now i have 2 bikes, loads of new gear, better security and a happy family.

smiles all round!
Old 26-Aug-2005, 15:04
Big Twin

Tough break on the thefts zhed. Specially the little girls bike bits.
Get her to write a sweet letter to the soco/police/local paper/mp and really rub it in. You'll probably end up with Tony Blur coming round to decry the crime figures and bolster his ego.

Best of luck with it.
Old 26-Aug-2005, 17:21
500SD

problem with that approach is that if i complain to tony B about how awful conditions are around here, i'm afraid he might decide that we need "liberating" and then after the cluster bombs start falling, i'll have no house, no bikes and no kids
Old 26-Aug-2005, 19:12
GTL

Mood: me in a mood? NEVER!
good for you fella!!