Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 26-Jul-2005, 14:34
GTL

Has Anyone Ridden Nogaro?

100% Bikes have a four day trackday at Nogaro on 5,6,7,8th September and, at present, are offering it for £299 including bike transport. Has anyone ridden Nogaro and/or have any experience with 100% bikes?

I am looking to do a European trackday in Sept/ Oct and this looks a bargain, but I wouldn't want to economise on a crap track or a company that cut corners or overcrowd the sessions.

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Ian
Old 26-Jul-2005, 14:41
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Couple of my mates have been, never had anything bad to say about the place, not that that is much help
Old 26-Jul-2005, 14:42
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Desmondo has been there I think too! - try a U2U
Old 26-Jul-2005, 15:04
GTL

Thanks for the above, I can't help feeling that if something looks too cheap it is too cheap, but I will investigate further.
Old 26-Jul-2005, 15:06
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Yep, Jim has been there (Desmondo) and he liked it I think.

Send him a u2u Ian.
Old 26-Jul-2005, 16:17
Big Twin

Mood: Enjoying Togdom !
Ian,myself ,Chris and Bruce had a week there in March 04 with tracktime promotions.
Fantastic circuit (ex F1) good selection of corners both fast and slow ,only critisisms would be that it apears a little run down (but not the tarmac bit ) and the french marshalls are not the most helpfull(one morning it peed down horizontally untill 12 o'clock,so the day starts and at 1.00 ,you guessed ITS LUNCH!!)
all in all well worth a go.
Ive done a couple of trakdays with 100% in england and although i wouldn't rate them as one of the best there certainly not the worst .
Hope this helps.
Butch
Old 26-Jul-2005, 17:13
GTL

Butch, many thanks for that, I must admit it does sound tempting. Unhelpful marshalls? They're probably the same blokes that man the ski lifts in the winter! I've emailed them for a bit more info.

I did look at Focused Events to Jerez, but they run an "Open pitlane" in the afternoons and I think I'd be a classic "mobile chicane"
Old 26-Jul-2005, 17:31
Big Twin

Mood: :devil:
Yep, been there twice with 100%. The town is crap so don't expect much evening entertainment, we always made our own in the paddock area. The circuit is great and very challenging with lots of variation - mahoooosive back straight, tight hairpins, fast sweepers, the lot. The 100% guys we were ther with were a good laugh and we went into town with them on a couple of nights for a bit of food and beer. Would I go again? Definitely
Old 26-Jul-2005, 17:48
GTL

Quote:
Originally posted by Desmondo
Yep, been there twice with 100%. The town is crap so don't expect much evening entertainment, we always made our own in the paddock area. The circuit is great and very challenging with lots of variation - mahoooosive back straight, tight hairpins, fast sweepers, the lot. The 100% guys we were ther with were a good laugh and we went into town with them on a couple of nights for a bit of food and beer. Would I go again? Definitely

Excellent...many thanks for that, looks like it could be worth a go!