Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 23-Feb-2009, 09:55
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
John - are you going to be at Oulton on the 14th?

I will need your help
Old 23-Feb-2009, 13:01
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeJohnyB
ah, I remember the days pre-DD when a big crew came to support me and Monty on the TZ. Glory days.

Kev, you must be looking forward to the 'new' Silverstone, looks like some fine alterations to the track and viewing will make a big difference. I do love Silverstone, but my old favourite fast left Abbey and under Bridge goes I hear.

WeeJohnyB

The first time I met the likes of Keefyb and a few others were when we came to watch you on the TZ at Silverstone.

Most of my races on the circuit were with the MCC and mostly before they introduced the chicane.
I had a front row start in one race aboard my Fireblade, then as I was coming around Woodcote at the end of the first lap I hit a puddle that had formed in the corner created by the painted car grid positions, the whole bike went sideways and sent me heading towards the crash fencing.
I managed to get the bike turned and ran right up to the start gantry on the grass. Next thing the red flag was out following a crash at Copse, then when I reuturned to my front grid slot people were suprissed to see me as they thought the red flag was for me as they had all senn me heading for the fence.
The start line marshall even walked up to me pulled the collar on my leathers, took a sniff and then suggested I go change my underwear. Although the race was restarted with me on the front row, the incident had got to me and I rode like a big girls blouse
Certainly couldn't do that with the chicane there now.
I have some great memories of Silverstone both watching and racing going back to the late 70s
So looking forward to the Circuit changing again to see what new challangs it brings,
No North Glos meeting there this year they have opted for Anglesey in its place

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook