Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers!
This section allows you to ask questions about insurance directly to Ducati Insurance and receive a reply!

Old 12-Apr-2009, 23:01
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
Insurance? What a scam!

So then...knocked off the 749 by uninsured driver 100 yards from my house in April 2007, paid insurance for a whole year and not gone out on either bike. Sept 08 Tax, MOT and insure the SS and take my son out for a blat 100 miles later and quarter of miles from the house we're knocked off by another uninsured and the SS is written off....

So... my insurance goes from £200ish quid fully comp to (Wait for it!)

£1 600 fully comp or £200ish quid third party (oh not fire and theft oh no!)

So then...tell me what the point is for paying insurance...?
2 accident's not my fault one proven but he's so many CCJ's against him the insurance company won't pursue it and the other "fault accident" until proven otherwise...both pulled out and turned right in front of me!

Have rang so many companies but no-one will touch me with a barge pole!
Old 12-Apr-2009, 23:42
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Totaly unfair and only ecourages more to not bother with insurance.
There must be statistics relating to the number of uninsured drivers around, be interesting to see the trends over the last decade

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 13-Apr-2009, 10:17
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

that is so wrong, the fact you cannot choose who wrecks your bike/car and your penalised. There should be an automatic two year ban for no insurance and if you have an accident no licence until you have recompensed the other parties.

Of course the police dont seem to have a target for uninsured drivers so unless they accidently catch one with the ANPR the uninsured drivers just carry on. Everyone in our area know where the ANPR van parks and even which days its likely to be there.

Maybe another system is required, one where the licence is issued by the insurance company or insurance is only available from the DVLA.

Have you offered to insure for limited mileage ?
Old 13-Apr-2009, 10:58
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by YMFB
that is so wrong, the fact you cannot choose who wrecks your bike/car and your penalised. There should be an automatic two year ban for no insurance and if you have an accident no licence until you have recompensed the other parties.

Of course the police dont seem to have a target for uninsured drivers so unless they accidently catch one with the ANPR the uninsured drivers just carry on. Everyone in our area know where the ANPR van parks and even which days its likely to be there.

Maybe another system is required, one where the licence is issued by the insurance company or insurance is only available from the DVLA.

Have you offered to insure for limited mileage ?

.......Of all the databases available to police, the Insurance one is THE most proficient and up to date!!!!! and most widely used!!!!!!!

I can assure you if a vehicle is checked and found to be uninsured its removed from the road at the cost of £120 to the owner/driver, they are then charged £14 a day for the storage for 14 days when it then becomes a fridge. The driver is on the spot fined £200 and 6 points..........let alone anything else that can be fined for......

Unfortunately the police dont make the rules...........but in this case it is enforced strongly!

On another thread were moaning about cctv and anpr and its invasion,.........guess we fit the circumstances to the best moan!

Lisa, it is an absolute pain of a set of circumstances, i hope its sorted for you.....

Last edited by andyb : 13-Apr-2009 at 11:09.
Old 13-Apr-2009, 11:57
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
CCTV...ANPR....ID cards.....all an intrusion IMHO too far...and most of it useless except agianst citizens who are for 99% of the time law abiding...but thats another issue

the first step to resolve it is have everything on your windsceen, as in other countries. Scrotes who continually drive uninsured, and swap cars around never registering them, still have to park somewhere and with all the wardens, parking attendants etc it makes it a higher rosk and therefore more likley to get caught

but the real issue is cost of insurance; over £1000 (often way over!) for a car worth a couple of hundred is ridiculous! Rather than putting £30 a policy (or whatever it is) away to account for claims against uninsured drivers, this fund should be used to subsidise early drivers so they can afford a car which, lets face it, has become a nessecity in the world we now live
Old 13-Apr-2009, 12:34
Mille

Mood: what a day, a year, a life it's been
What hacks me off is when I read in the local paper that someone has been caught driving without tax, insurance, mot and they get a fine LOWER than the cost of tax insurance etc.....

I've written before, I have a relative who buys old bangers from blokes in pubs (last car was an XR2 swapped for 200 fags). He never insures his cars, never taxes them, never gets an MOT. He gets caught and his fines add up to less than I pay to keep my car and bike legal!.

It's ridiculous.

kwikbitch, you have my sympathies.
Old 13-Apr-2009, 13:01
Big Twin

Mood: Avatar what Avatar
So sorry to here this Lisa somtimes the law sucks.
Old 13-Apr-2009, 13:33
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini
What hacks me off is when I read in the local paper that someone has been caught driving without tax, insurance, mot and they get a fine LOWER than the cost of tax insurance etc.....

I've written before, I have a relative who buys old bangers from blokes in pubs (last car was an XR2 swapped for 200 fags). He never insures his cars, never taxes them, never gets an MOT. He gets caught and his fines add up to less than I pay to keep my car and bike legal!.

It's ridiculous.

but caught twice and hell be banned, caught again and he will be remanded.....caught again and he will go to prison..........
Old 13-Apr-2009, 13:30
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
CCTV...ANPR....ID cards.....all an intrusion IMHO too far...and most of it useless except agianst citizens who are for 99% of the time law abiding...but thats another issue

I thought a motivated bloke like you would apply a sense a reality.....wheres your evidence this is the case?

At the risk of ramming fact down yer throat, (you complained about that once!) god forbid......i use this stuff on a daily basis and CAN provide the evidence that it is used against 99% of the time non law abiding citizens......the odd occasion you get the good guy, its an apology and away we go.....

wait til you lot get to see the hand held fingerprint gizmo........( although law abiding lot that the majority are you probably wont!)lying about who you are? stick yer sticky ones here mate.......2 mins and if we know you from previous convictions, your identified!!
Old 13-Apr-2009, 22:46
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

[quote=andyb].......Of all the databases available to police, the Insurance one is THE most proficient and up to date!!!!! and most widely used!!!!!!!

I can assure you if a vehicle is checked and found to be uninsured its removed from the road at the cost of £120 to the owner/driver, they are then charged £14 a day for the storage for 14 days when it then becomes a fridge. The driver is on the spot fined £200 and 6 points..........let alone anything else that can be fined for......

quote]

big deal !

I know the police dont make the laws but they are the interface that we (the tax payer) have to deal with and it is the police that decide what offences to target.

I pay for my tax, insurance, MOT and it grates when we see the paltry fines dished out by the courts to those that dont bother. Whats even worse is when you see the scrotes just going to the pub to get another vehicle.

Anyway, theres nothing I can do except hope that KB and other innocent victims get their insurance sorted and the scrotes who cause the carnage and loss get their cumuppance.