Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers!
This section allows you to ask questions about insurance directly to Ducati Insurance and receive a reply!

Old 28-May-2004, 12:48
Ducati Corse

Carole Nash - Rider Policy

Just had my renewal quote for the 998 and it seemed reasonable at £259 fully comp. Called CN as I've a classic policy with them for the Yamaha RD400E and asked how much to add the Duke until renewal next January. The lady says £63. Sold!

Two things - if you have a classic bike policy consider doing the same and you can leave out the ageist remarks R-L :P

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by Henners]
Old 28-May-2004, 13:00
500SD

Mood: I can live with backpain!
Good for you Henners,but I thought insurance companies worked out the premium based on the most expensive bike?,other wise we could all insure that scabby 1981 honda c60 and then add 998r's for 10p extra.
Old 28-May-2004, 13:09
Ducati Corse

Not sure - I thought it was based on risk. Anyway, she took all the details including value, garage, security etc. so I'm hoping she got it right. Will let you know if I find out otherwise.

UPDATE

Just 'phoned CN to check. Apparently they have two insurers who underwrite modern bikes added to a classic bike policy - the policy is then converted to a Rider policy. One will allow modifications such as Termis, the other won't. Went through the requoting process to find out that the cost is now £289 not £63. Renewed with Ducati Insurance instead as its £30 cheaper.

If I'd been willing to put the standard cans back on then I could have added the 998 for the £63. Sorry, not worth it

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by Henners]