Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 11-May-2006, 21:16
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Dunlop 209 gp

whose running these apart from me, jpm, and butch?

How long should they last?

Anyone know what the codes on the side of the tyres for compounds mean?

my front is 950

my rear is 3136
Old 11-May-2006, 21:23
Big Twin

Mood: r
they last for ever as long as you dont use them
Old 11-May-2006, 21:28
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by pedro
they last for ever as long as you dont use them
numpty!:P
Attached Images
File Type: jpg silverstone 9.5.2006 024.jpg (134.9 KB, 55 views)
Old 11-May-2006, 22:04
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
My mates using them on his 748RS race bike, took him a whole weekend of testing to get the suspension dialled in to get the most out of them, doubt if hs last long though.
JHP can probably explain the codes
Old 11-May-2006, 23:06
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
me... althought he set i had from you made me crash so I am going off them...

oh yeah and they still have some writing on them courtesy of the jocks!!

I am finally trying out some Michelins next week though so will have to do a report on how they compare
Old 12-May-2006, 18:43
Big Twin

I have 209GPs fitted on my 749R which I use solely on the road.

To be honest I have never been that keen on Dunlop tyres in general but when my superb Diablo Corsas wore out I had the chance of these Dunlops at a good price so though after reading the rave reviews that I would give them a go.

Initial impressions on my first time out on my usual fast country roads were that the suspension felt firmer but the bike steered a lot quicker and I felt a little wary when the back end slid a couple of times, I put this down to the temperature only being about 8c and having 34/36 psi in the tyres.

Second time out and the temperature was about 20c and I dropped the pressures to 31/33 and the bike felt much better and did not slide at all so overall I am quite impressed although something in the back of my mind still makes me feel like I am holding back a little so I think another pair of Diablo Corsas or some Michelin 2Ct tyres are about due.

Overall these have only done about 150 miles so should be worth something to someone after a set.
Old 14-May-2006, 00:16
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
why do people never rate dunlop road tyres yet theyre the make that win bsb and ama, allways confuses me

ian if the 209's are going cheap i may be interested in taking them off your hands
Old 14-May-2006, 10:38
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by deej
why do people never rate dunlop road tyres yet theyre the make that win bsb and ama, allways confuses me

ian if the 209's are going cheap i may be interested in taking them off your hands

Just because they win AMA and BSB doesn't mean that Dunlop as a manufacturer are successful in transitioning that technology down to the road tyres available to us plebs!

Michelin win the MotoGP all the time but as a preferred tyre for owners it must rate pretty lowly.

It's just down to personal preference really. If you have a bad experience on a certain tyre then you're logically going to go with something you know is good. I've used 207RR's on my VTR1000 back in Brisbane and my 996 had 207RR's on them as well. Both front tyres scalloped really easily and I never felt comfortable. The front end of the 996 seemed to want to tuck all the time and replacing the 207RR's with Pirelli SuperCorsa's stopped that and the bike felt better.

I'm very happy on the Pirelli range of tyres so I don't see any reason to change to something else.

Having said all that, the school uses the new Dunlop Qualifier so I daresay I'll get to know them fairly well and how they feel on a new R6.
Old 14-May-2006, 14:13
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Quote:
Originally posted by deej

Just because they win AMA and BSB doesn't mean that Dunlop as a manufacturer are successful in transitioning that technology down to the road tyres available to us plebs!

Michelin win the MotoGP all the time but as a preferred tyre for owners it must rate pretty lowly.

It's just down to personal preference really. If you have a bad experience on a certain tyre then you're logically going to go with something you know is good. I've used 207RR's on my VTR1000 back in Brisbane and my 996 had 207RR's on them as well. Both front tyres scalloped really easily and I never felt comfortable. The front end of the 996 seemed to want to tuck all the time and replacing the 207RR's with Pirelli SuperCorsa's stopped that and the bike felt better.

I'm very happy on the Pirelli range of tyres so I don't see any reason to change to something else.

Having said all that, the school uses the new Dunlop Qualifier so I daresay I'll get to know them fairly well and how they feel on a new R6.

I head a couple from the school had come off......and put the blame on that tyre?
Old 14-May-2006, 16:22
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by andyb
I head a couple from the school had come off......and put the blame on that tyre?

I dunno, I'm a school newbie so if that's happened I'm not aware of it.