Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 14-Jan-2005, 10:11
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Track Time at DD tracks ..

If you, like me, have not ridden ANY of the tracks we are racing on this year then you may want to start booking track days willy nilly.

I have just been through No Limits 05 dates on their website (to be confirmed by circuits) and you can do a TD with them at each circuit before racing there - except Castle Combe. I have found TD's at Castle Combe but more on that in a second ...

N.B. NL make no mention of which track layout these days are running at this stage.

If you fancy doing that here are the dates:

Cadwell Race 30 April/1 May

No Limits TD's - 19, 20, 25 March. 18 April

Donington Park Race Sat 13 August

No Limits TD's - 26 April, 23 May, 28 June, 11 July

Brands Hatch Indy Race 18 Sep

No Limits TD's - 13 June, 1 Aug, 11 Aug

And the last race is at Cadwell again which you will have been to by this stage.

No Limits don't offer Castle Combe dates, I understand that Castle Combe are a bit 'toight' on these things but I have found dates with the Castle Combe Racing School. They specifically say on their website that the bikes have to be road legal as well. Here are their dates:

Castle Combe Race 4th June

Castle Combe Racing School Track Days - Motor Cycle Track Days
Wed 20 Apr 2005 - Space Available Wed 22 Jun 2005 - Space Available Wed 24 Aug 2005 - Space Available
Wed 04 May 2005 - Space Available Wed 06 Jul 2005 - Space Available Wed 07 Sep 2005 - Space Available
Wed 18 May 2005 - Space Available Wed 20 Jul 2005 - Space Available Wed 21 Sep 2005 - Space Available
Wed 08 Jun 2005 - Space Available Wed 10 Aug 2005 - Space Available Wed 05 Oct 2005 - Space Available

Old 14-Jan-2005, 11:35
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Castle Combe do have tracktime available one afternoon in the week I thought it was Wednesday but Steve may be right. I can easily check with my mates that are regulars there.
But it is road silenced bikes only and they are very strict on that.
Old 18-Jan-2005, 14:06
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Hopefull
Castle Combe

I have been to Castle Combe lots of times. They are strict on the noise limit 105db which is the same as the race limit for the Due. They do check each bike before you are allowed on track. The bikes do not have to be road legal and for the last couple of years they have always done the trackdays on Wednesday.
Old 18-Jan-2005, 14:46
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Last time I went to a trackday at Castle Combe the noise limit was a lot quieter than a race bike. Decibels may be the same but distance and angle it is measured at is different as is the revs it is measured at.