Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 23-Feb-2005, 12:41
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
A rival series???

Just flicking through this weeks MCN and came across a road test of the 620 Multistrada. To quote from the article:

"As well as the usual Ducati accesories, there's even big bore 680 kits for race boys. Yes, believe it or not, they're going to run a one-make series next year in the UK"

Now has MCN got it's facts all wrong (again)? Could it be that they're actually refering to DesmoDue? Could it be that when they say "next year" they really mean "this year"

Another fact that they seem to have wrong is the existance of 680 kits for 620's. Hasn't the big bore debate on this board flushed out the fact that the 680 kit only exists for older bikes, and that any possibility of a big bore kit for injection bikes would only take it up to 654 or something?

Of course, it just remotely (very remotely) possible that MCN could have it's facts straight and Ducati UK have something up their sleeve for next year! If that's true, it may be that a 680 kit for 620's is not just a mythical creature? Better get one before they all do lads
Old 23-Feb-2005, 13:21
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Haven't got mcn jools, but from what you quote it sounds like they might be on about desmo due. as for the big bore kits I'm sure there's probably something in the pipeline... just cos it's listed, dosn't mean it exists!!
Old 23-Feb-2005, 13:24
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
My understanding was that there is no official factory part for the kit like there is for the 600's .... but that John was getting some made up.

That's not to say that Ducati weren't going to do one - I just haven't heard of it. Not too hard, seeing as I hear bugger all!
Old 23-Feb-2005, 13:33
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
MCN with their facts wrong as per-they are talking about Desmodue.

John