Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 02-Feb-2009, 12:31
Bikes: ducati 888, kawasaki zxr 750 h2, vellocette mac!!

Mood: anger managment failure
Single seat info please

Does the single seat that ricambi weisse fit straight on to my strada,or does it need modding,or do i need to change the rear subframe.I also see qb carbon do a gel coated one would i have the same issues.
Old 02-Feb-2009, 16:00
Mille

Talking

is it a mono strada ? if so i would say yes if its the same shape 851/888 if its a bip strada get the hacksaw and welder out !!!

spike
Old 02-Feb-2009, 16:20
Mille

right these are the subframes . the alloy ones are left sp3 right sp4 and i,m asuming youve got one , if its a bip like the one on the bike ( black) it wouldnt take much to make it fit looking at em side by side

spike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 007.JPG (77.2 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg 004.JPG (67.0 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 001.JPG (94.6 KB, 44 views)
Old 02-Feb-2009, 21:22
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
You can make the Ricambi or QB units fit a 888 strada subframe - I did it in my racebike!
I ditched the grabhandles and cut off the sticky-up posts that locate the strada rear seat panels.
I also had to make up small brackets to allow me to mount onto the oe wellnuts on the bottom rail near the exhaust hangers.
I also used a couple of bits of pipe lagging in strategic locations to keep everything in place.
I was going to do the same thing on my '92 851 strada but find the underseat storage area more useful than looking like an SP.....

Paul

Paul

15th year in DD #68 and getting slower by the year

1199, SS800 & 620SSie DD racer
Old 05-Feb-2009, 19:03
Mille

I have fitted a QB seat to my 888 Strada. All it needed was a bit filed off the front bracket supporting the locating pegs, to allow the seat unit to sit lower. A bit of black paint and you could not tell it had been modified.
More difficult was cutting the seat unit so I could keep the original frame mounted seat pad.
Old 09-Feb-2009, 14:53
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
QB one here too. I took a few pics while I was modding it if you want them as a reference
Old 10-Feb-2009, 10:19
Bikes: ducati 888, kawasaki zxr 750 h2, vellocette mac!!

Mood: anger managment failure
That would be great if you could nattyboy,did you use the carbon one or the colour impregnated grp one?If it is a grp one is the colour a good match for the rest of the bodywork?Qb are only a couple of miles from me so i will be getting one from them.
Old 10-Feb-2009, 10:52
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Colour GRP - avoid white in case of chips etc.

Have a word with Ian the owner and ask for a cash deal ;>)

PM your e-mail and i'll send over the pics I have. I may also have some pics from another owner that were sent to me before I started.

There is quite a buit of prep work, smoothing seams, cutting out for the light recess, sanding out runs etc, but with a little time and care the result is worth it. I have a supply of the proper ducati number 1's too if you need them (satin finish) which go on unlaquered after the seat is finsihed...Heres a pic of mine done..(best I could find showing the seat!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 888 rear June 07.JPG (209.0 KB, 56 views)