Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 25-Sep-2009, 00:47
Big Twin
Bikes: 998S Chili trackbike,749R (corse kit), 748SPS

Mood: Flange - it's a state of mind....
Letting TP ride your SP5 at a trackday..........:-0

Speechless

You do know him don't you....

Aussie, CSS instructor, nice guy............oh & crashes a lot..............:-)

Brave doesn't do it justice

Last edited by Chef : 25-Sep-2009 at 16:47.
Old 25-Sep-2009, 01:17
Ducati Corse

Why is it everyone new he crashed alot except me!!

I should have figured that out with the instruction for going over the mountain!!
Old 25-Sep-2009, 01:18
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 748ish . .

Mood: Sampai jumpa lagi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper
TP yes you were muppet,but were up front all the way.All the bits are back and repaired or renewed.Plus taking the opportunity to make a few more changes.

Pictures will be next year,because i have a bit off a health issue at the moment!

I couldn't **** you,i was in shock.Anyway my daughter was there.She did say "Why didn't you hit that man Daddy?" MMmmmmm.still not sure

NB.When did you nearly hit me? And was it my fault? Can you send me the vid?

Hats off to you both, for being very civil about the whole issue
Can not wait to see pictures of the new bike Jasper . . and here's hoping the health issue is not too prolonged

TopiToo
Old 25-Sep-2009, 01:46
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper
NB.When did you nearly hit me? And was it my fault? Can you send me the vid?
Might be wrong but I'm sure we've already re-lived it!

Fault? Well, both of us... you nearly fell off at the bottom of the mountain and ended up parking it, and I was a bit too close behind building up for a pass on the run to Halls.
Big video file, not sure I can upload it anywhere but I'll try'n pull out the scarey bit when I have a few mins.
No contact = no problem!
Old 25-Sep-2009, 01:51
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBs996
Might be wrong but I'm sure we've already re-lived it!

Fault? Well, both of us... you nearly fell off at the bottom of the mountain and ended up parking it, and I was a bit too close behind building up for a pass on the run to Halls.
Big video file, not sure I can upload it anywhere but I'll try'n pull out the scarey bit when I have a few mins.
No contact = no problem!

Bottom or top of the Mountain?I don't remember one at the bottom-there has been so many!! Can you edit it and e-mail it?
Old 25-Sep-2009, 02:10
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Will try, but I'm going to bed now!
peee-em me an email address and I'll sort a clip tomorrow eve.
Old 25-Sep-2009, 14:49
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
I was there!

Leaning over the railings in front of the cafe with KeefyB, directly overlooking the end of the pit lane. Jasper's bike came down the pit lane and I said to Keefy "that's feckin gorgeous innit"....two seconds later in a display of the finest muppetry seen for some considerable time it was sliding across the track on it's side. Ooooops, perhaps not quite so lovely.

Hats off to all for the way it's been sorted though. Takes a big man to stand up and take responsibility for it, and a big man to take a deep breath and deal with their bike coming back in with road rash

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 25-Sep-2009, 15:29
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Glad it all ends well with people able to reflect and smile a bit cause that was one heck of a muppet award TP, shame Jasper's bike got damaged and shame you are big time out of pocket, but well done for paying and standing up to the pressure of it, it can't have been easy.

To be fair, the marks started on the ramp, so I'm not sure you can call it a trackday muppet award although to be fair, the bike did end up on the track.

I too was there and I witnessed Jaspers face when he was coming to terms with the news that it was his bike that had gone down - you were close to tears mate and close to violence, but fair play for the way you handled it.

It just goes to show that even an experienced rider on a great bike on a perfect day and shiit happens I think DUK have finally forgiven me for writing off their brand new S4R as they allow me to take their bikes out again, but I don't ride many other peoples bikes anymore and if I do it's at 30mph.

TP, I think the Muppet of the Year award is safe with you mate

Love to see the pics to finish the story

WeeJohnyB
Old 25-Sep-2009, 20:20
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP
I finished paying for this bike a while ago but due to the immense nature of my idiocy I'm only just starting to be able have a sense of humour about this bellend mistake I made!

Now, I'm resurrecting the "DSC Muppet Award" and claiming it with both hands. The muppet award seems to have tailed off in recent years but it used to be awarded to a DSC member who had crashed on a track day. Racing doesn't count. I'm sure that at least one DSC member has toppled off on a track day since I did but in the interests of club spirit I'll take it. And so close to the end of the season too! I could have it all winter...

The muppet = me for crashing what is not only a rare bike, the 888SP5, but one that has blinged to death and had rare carbon panels and footpegs on it!!!

The 888SP5 = Jasper's pride and joy, the blingtastic machine with more rare bits and pieces on it than pretty much any bike I've seen.

Jasper = The very magnanimous gentleman who was keen for me to ride this piece of exotica. Not only is Rich a thoroughly decent chap, he took it all in his stride when I brought his broken mistress back to him. He could have ranted and raved and even stuck one on me but he didn't. And not only did he not do any of that, he even tried to stop me from paying the entire bill to restore it back to pristine condition because I am unemployed and he was concerned about my financial situation. Well clearly I was having none of that, it was my mistake and not his, so I paid it. Ouch!!

So a very public thank you to Rich for being such a legend and I'm glad we got it all sorted out. I'll take you out for that promised curry and beers to try make up for the time you missed this summer on it when you should have been riding.

So there you have it, I am the Ducati Sporting Club muppet. Please all join in and have a few giggles at my expense

He was probably only calm becuase he thought you might have dinked the wheels and it might be an opportunity to get some proper ones fitted eh Jasp ;>) lol !!!
Old 25-Sep-2009, 20:47
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattyboy
He was probably only calm becuase he thought you might have dinked the wheels and it might be an opportunity to get some proper ones fitted eh Jasp ;>) lol !!!

Yeh,the mags on it SO yesterday And maybe for sale if you are interested?

Last edited by Jasper : 25-Sep-2009 at 21:30.