Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 13-Aug-2009, 00:19
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
return of a bad penny...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jools
Now I'm back, so, to respond from my own perspective...

I'm always disappointed when somebody decides that they no longer get want they want from the club and decide not to renew their membership. It means that the club is getting it wrong for those people and that is a shame. We all put a lot of effort on the MT side into trying to provide stuff that the members will enjoy, and it takes hours of voluntary work to do that. I'm not moaning about that, I knew that when I stood up and agreed to do it, but it is a shame when people decide that our best efforts are not enough for them.

Have to say that as someone who is no longer a member of the DSC I am not sure that I agree with what you are saying there Jools…nothing to do with efforts not being enough, - no need to take it personally.

I have always had the view that membership of a Club is a 2 way street, - for a Club to survive it requires input from its members, - I did not renew because I do not have the time at the moment to put anything in, - or in truth take anything out. That and I don’t own a Ducati right now, although I know that is not a requirement for membership, - more that it limits what you can get from a Ducati owners Club! ;-) Just down to my GS1200, and NO, - I do not belong to any BMW club!

Sure I was somewhat worn out from the years of negativity when my renewal came up but I think the DSC is still a great Club and all of those still involved should be proud of their membership IMO. That and the new breed of MT members IMO don’t need the old guard looking over shoulders or telling them how to do things. The DSC needs to continue to evolve and change with the times.

I know Murray who started this thread gives up a lot of his time to a community best project for the benefit of kids (as I do) and things like this limit what else you can be part of, - not trying to give reasons for why he is no longer a member as it is not my place to do so and he has given his own justification, - just that he should be recognized for all that he does and the time he gives up for the benefit of others, - my son included!

It was good to see a “we would like you back” letter through the door the other week, - good idea MT. Maybe I will get the cheque out to somebody’s doormat!!

Hope everybody is well. Stay safe guys,

Ian
Old 14-Aug-2009, 11:58
Big Twin

Mood: Avatar what Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray Mint
OK just thought I let you guys know that I have decided not to re-join the club so that's the end of my 7 year connection. See you all later.

Murray

Sorry to here this Murray Mint I don't get out as much as I used to and there dosen't seem to to be a regular Surrey meet any more, but I still run two Ducatis and find the site very usefull. We had some good times when we all used to go down to Finton for a chat and breakfast with Henners CK/AK and many others sadly no more.
I hope our paths will cross some day good luck.

Mark
Old 14-Aug-2009, 12:10
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Runner
Sorry to here this Murray Mint I don't get out as much as I used to and there dosen't seem to to be a regular Surrey meet any more, but I still run two Ducatis and find the site very usefull. We had some good times when we all used to go down to Finton for a chat and breakfast with Henners CK/AK and many others sadly no more.
I hope our paths will cross some day good luck.

Mark

we still get out Mark, even to Findon most months, as well as Berks and Hants, you're welcome to come along, as is everyone (member or not)
Old 22-Aug-2009, 17:40
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray Mint
It's not the cost as I feel £20.00 is a small price to pay for being a part of a club that has had a large influence on Ducati ownership.

My first experience of the club the way it used to be came way back on a very cold and wet October morning 2002. I had been a member for a few months and was now attending my first track day at Brands. I had an unfortunate incident just down the road from the track where I fell off snapping the gear shift and clutch leavers. I was amazed at the help that was awaiting me. Henners drove me from Brands all the way over to ProV to pick up the replacement parts so I could get on with the day. This took quite some time, time in which Henry could of been enjoying the delights of circuit riding, what I'm trying to say is that from my perspective the many characters of the club have gone and so to has the camaraderie.

Murray

i have started looking at this site again after about 18months away as im looking at getting a 749 and have been suprised by the lack of the posts in certain sections. i remember when this site was fun loving (pre DD in my eyes) and very helpful which is why this was the first ducati forum i turned to for advice now im looking for another duke

i remember a experience similair to murrays i had back in march 05 (i think) when i turned up at a snowy silverstone trackday in my transporter van with a blown up engine. the support and help i received from the dsc peeps that day was amazing,mainly skidlids and the guy with the award winning monster,sorry forgot his name.it was also the day we had to hacksaw through nattys chain so he could give his trackbike its first runout. a very eventful but fun filled day with a good group of guys

im sure that same spirit is around at trackdays and meets but it doesnt seem to be so apparent on the site. from reading this thread it seems there was a big blow up last year which may explain the lack of posts (compared to ducatisti.co.uk). i have received some help from keefyb and antonye on my thread but would have expected a few more a couple of years ago.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit