Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 08-Aug-2005, 11:34
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
WSB at Brands so bland..............

Was the wsb at Brands so bland no one dare comment on it?
Old 08-Aug-2005, 11:49
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
I thought the first superbike race was good, but I'll admit the second wasn't much cop.

Supersports was average too - a shames Jonesy and Cal weren't higher up the rankings (although they had good results).
Old 08-Aug-2005, 12:14
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Spoiler

I didn't think the "atmosphere" was as good as previous years. No Brit at the really sharp end or in with a shout of the championship. Chili a fair way back and so on.

The crowd didn't seem that interested in the stunt show either. bit there again, seen one burnout, stoppie, wheelie seen 'em all. felt a bit sorry for Gary Rothwell.

Racing wise in WSB I didn't think Corser had the stomach for a battle with the circuit Loon! got proved pretty wrong there!
Walker got a bigger cheer than Toseland at the end.

The superstock 600 race was good finale, The leader might have cleared off but so many bikes so many different lines, three abreast into some corners!

Ray
Old 08-Aug-2005, 12:34
Mille

Dont know if bland is the correct word, Haga and Corser had a good few switches and also Chris Walker and Chris Vermullan had a couple of scaps. A couple of brave rides with Yukio and Bussei carrying injuries.

I have seen better but seen alot worse, not a good weekend for the Dukes, i belive JT went for the 200 section tyre that had adverse effects that didnt help, also they just seemed a bit of the pace, not good, good day overall, nightmare on the bike getting out, no dedicated bike lane upto the first roudabout, running rather hot (rider and bike)
Old 08-Aug-2005, 14:55
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 996S

Mood: Waiting for the warmer weather.
Wish I'd stayed for the 600 race. We left after the wsb race and sat in the car in the carpark for a hour and a half.
It seems a shame that the leaving from these events couldn't be organised a little better. There was a lot of angry people and threats made by both the public and the Stewards. The police seemed to do nothing to improve the situation, just my opinion.
Old 08-Aug-2005, 15:04
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
WSB, MotoGP and maybe even BSB events are a nightmare by car. Done it a few times and expect to sit in the car park for about 2 hours.

got out of the park after the 600 superstock race with no Q at all. didn't look so good for tha car drivers tho!

Joined the "race" North that started half way up the A1!!

A fireblade, a two up R1 and me on the trusty CBR 6. there were two Dukes for a while but they bottled it when we went past the Transport police car!!

Ray.
Old 08-Aug-2005, 15:15
Mille

Mood: Replacing 999...
Two things you can't control are the weather and the 'quality' of the racing. So unlike Donnington the weather was great but the racing was not as good - IMHO. But then one was MotoGP and the other WSB - should that make a difference?

Two things struck me about both meetings firstly, as previously mentioned, leaving the event. I live fairly local to Brands so once I got away from the area I was home in no time. At Donnington, that extra hour to get out, ontop of the 4 hours home was not good.

I went to Assen WSB a couple of years ago and leaving there you get directed across a number of farm tracks and straight up onto the motorway vai an agricultural entrance, with a lane shut off for a couple of k's to allow the bikes to filter out. Marvellous.

The second thing about the UK meetings was the cost. The entrance fee, food (just drinks even) etc all mount up to a tidy sum that may be more fun to take in a European meeting. If you want to do pit lane walk about, grandstand and so on for you and your other half - thats equivalent to a track day or two.

Jury is still out if I will go again. Perhaps I should come and watch the next Desmo Due race instead?!
Old 08-Aug-2005, 15:24
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
Quote:
Originally posted by KP
Perhaps I should come and watch the next Desmo Due race instead?!

indeed you should, nothing bland about DD
Old 08-Aug-2005, 15:54
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
I thought it was EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!:P:P:P:P
Old 08-Aug-2005, 16:02
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
My point isnt that I thought it was bland. More that no one had commented about the races. Usually we are inundated with comments and the usual.."I havnt seen it yet, why didnt you write spoiler" threads!

So I was asking why???

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit