Ducati Sporting Club UK
New User Introductions
A chance for new users to introduce themselves, tell us of their bikes, rides and aspirations and buy a drink at the virtual bar!

Old 07-Mar-2012, 20:31

Hello!

Hello all, I just wanted to introduce myself now that I've registered on the site. I've long been a Ducati fan and my first one was a 400SS which I had 14 years ago. Since that time I always longed for a 916 and still feel this is one of the most beautiful bikes ever made. Unfortunately my budget doesn't stretch to a 916 but I managed to get a 748 about 6 months ago.

The 748 was everything people warn you against. Partial service history, high mileage and I bought it sight unseen. Obviously it was cheap and a bit tatty. Anyway, I took a punt and have done about 800 trouble free miles on it. It sailed through its MOT last week and I decided that I ought to do the cambelts now I know it's relatively solid!

Which brings me here. As I want to 'cut my teeth' on this bike and learn the basics I figured I will need all the help I can get. I hope to use the bike fully, maybe do a couple of trackdays and generally try and settle into the Ducati community. Whilst I'll be asking questions initially I hope to be able to give something back once I'm a bit more experienced and able to! And ultimately, I'm hoping to get a minty 748SP and a 916 too.

Be gentle......
Old 07-Mar-2012, 23:33
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Hi M8, Welcome to the DSC, as for trackdays you should not miss the DSC one http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...ad.php?t=85665

Any Questions just ask away there is a wealth of information to be had.

And while your in the chair i will have a J2o cant have anything stronger this close to a DD round