Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 01-Oct-2003, 10:05
Mille

Mood: Electrically challenged
MS Accessories

Just been told that DUK have a limited number of Huggers now available and one is winging its way to my Dealer with my name on it as I type this! At long last!
Also told other accessories, e.g. carbon bits, termis etc are to be available within next 2-3 weeks. Where have I heard that before???
Replacement console to sort out those bizarre fuel consumption readings also allegedly now available. I'll believe that when I see it!
Oh, happy days.......!!!!!
PS DUK still trying to track down my DDOC/roadside assist. card 4 months after taking delivery of bike!!!!!!! This must be a new record!

[Edited on 1-10-2003 by luckywhiteheather]
Old 01-Oct-2003, 13:22
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Well that is good news,............kinda!
I still think its not very good to get a lovely accessories catalogue with your new bike and find that nowt is available for 6 months.Its not as if the bike is unpopular,I saw at least 3 of them at BSB Donington and another on the A1 near Stamford.
One of the bikes had a full pannier/top box kit and a high screen on it.
Old 01-Oct-2003, 16:50
Mille

Totally agree KB! I still haven't had a response to that very point or lack of DDOC m'ship that I put to DUK at beginning of week.
I managed to get the panniers too and high screen at end of August, just waiting on hugger, belly pan, centre stand kit, rear seat cowl and of course Termis. Of course they'll all just arrive in time for bike to be put into winter hibernation.....how happy will I be then?
Old 01-Oct-2003, 17:09
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by luckywhiteheather
Of course they'll all just arrive in time for bike to be put into winter hibernation.....how happy will I be then?

Hmm,yeah but think how sweet the bike will be next spring!
Old 02-Oct-2003, 15:31
Mille

Happy or what?????????

Just got an e-mail from my Dealer (bike dealer that is )
Contrary to DUK's advice at beginning of this week that Hugger would be with them this week and other (unspecified) bits would be a further 2-3 weeks, replacement console, centre stand kit and, wait for it.............TERMIS have actually pitched up. No sign of Hugger yet though..or other bits for that matter. Still I suppose I should be grateful, after all it's only 5months since order was placed.
Bike booked in for next Tuesday. Can't wait to hear it then!!!!!
Old 02-Oct-2003, 15:37
WSB Hero

Thats great mate,I'll want to know all the gory details,how much,how noisy,torque improvements etc.
Old 05-Oct-2003, 07:58
WSB Hero

Just noticed some MS carbon accessories on the Casoli website.Hugger,belly pan and front mudguard.
Looks like we may be getting somewhere at last!
Old 09-Oct-2003, 13:37
Mille

Termi\'s and other bits

Picked up bike yesterday evening after having Termi's fitted. Only had a chance for a relatively short ride home but noise is the first noticeable difference. Not a la 99* but certainly an octave or two lower than before with that bass booming in background! Big Improvement!!!!
Once I get a decent dry run I'll be better placed to determine if any discernible performance boost.
Securing studs actually sheared when they were taking stock system off bike so they've put in warranty claim for new system. Result or what?
They've fitted centre stand and replacement console which seems to now have decimal point in right place as well as writing off 2.5k of previous mileage history. Fortunately I've kept a detailed record in service book lest there should be any confusion over this on resale!

Can you believe that Hugger that DUK had specifically e-mailed me direct to advise that it was to be with my dealer last week with 'my name on it' never arrived? What am I saying off course you can believe it. It is Ducati we're dealing with after all!
I'm close to point of getting one from Casoli although I think DP belly pan looks better than Casoli's offering, so I'll maybe just wait on both as well as, of course, pillion seat cowl!
Getting there slowly but surely!
Old 10-Oct-2003, 17:42
WSB Hero

I think the Casoli stuff looks pretty good.When I'm slightly less poor than I am now I'll order something.
I have to say tho,that my cheap and cheerfull hugger does a grand job.
Now wheres my 2" hole saw for the cans??!!??
Old 13-Oct-2003, 12:53
WSB Hero

Blame the Germans.

Just like all the towels placed on sunbeds,the Germans are bagging all the 'Strada goodies.
I spoke to a fellow owner at the weekend and sure enough the conversation soon turned to the lack of accessories.He said his dealer was frustrated because all the stuff he had ordered had been diverted to Germany.Apparently the bike is a huge success over there and they cant get enough of them!
Could just be all B.S tho!