Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 02-Oct-2006, 21:54
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
New Ktm Bsb Support Series Planned For 2007

Copied from the New Era website

This has been announced today,
NEW KTM BSB SUPPORT RACE SERIES PLANNED FOR 2007
2007 KTM 990 SUPER DUKE BATTLE*

Brands Hatch - Sunday 1st October 2006

MCRCB Events Limited and Dorna UK Limited today announce, provisionally, the establishment of a new mono-marque race series to feature at selected BSB 2007 events utilizing the spectacular KTM 990 Super Duke motorcycle. Examples of the motorcycle will be shown to the public and prospective teams and riders, today at Brands Hatch.

Commenting on the announcement, Stuart Higgs, BSB Series Director said: “We are delighted at the prospect of the creation of this series. The 990 Super Duke is a truly spectacular motorcycle and to engage with a new, prestigious manufacturer such as KTM and to embrace a sector of motorcycling not currently represented is highly significant. We are well aware that the naked 'Streetfighter' class is currently the fastest growing market in the industry and it is appropriate that we can provide a sporting platform.”

Details are expected to be confirmed at the forthcoming International Motorcycle show at the NEC, Birmingham.

Prospective teams and riders may lodge their details with the series organising partner Bracken MW Ltd. (www.bracken.co.uk).

More details on the KTM 990 Super Duke model can be found at www.990superduke.com

Now I am not saying that its a bad thing to have a race series with these bikes, but if there is room for an extra class at BSB, why not get the 250's back in there???

I am sure this will be a great series and good racing, but I doubt its gonna bring us a World Champion out of it.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 03-Oct-2006, 13:10
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Aren't these things just a BIG CB 500

KTM are chucking a good few euros into road racing now, maybe, just maybe there's a WSB or MotoGP bike coming??

Like all these "mono marque" series the career racers have got to ask themselves where does it lead??

With the Virgin cup there is the step up to (BSS)/BSB and maybe on to WSB.

I don't go for the theory that the KTM type of bike wont produce a talent, and/or potential world championship talent, the CB 500s did, James Toseland. The old Yamaha Rd series produced a whole bus load of nutters and was fantastic TV.

Looking to the future, long term, the strokers have got to go............a shame really.

It's not done the motoGP class any long term harm has it??

Ray.
Old 03-Oct-2006, 14:19
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Say that to the New Era SoT boys this year who've had their backsides kicked by said Super Dukes including some very tasty ex-factory Ducati's in the field.Someone's missed a trick their me thinks.... I really do think in 5-10 years KTM could be Ducati's biggest rival
Old 03-Oct-2006, 14:47
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Oye, Ray, "Looking to the future, long term, the strokers have got to go" go wash your mouth out immediately..........

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 03-Oct-2006, 15:13
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
In synthetic stroker oil and Avgas I presume

Ray.
Old 04-Oct-2006, 00:09
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
i was talking to them at brands on sunday and they were saying that the level of racing and the cost is very cheep. there also running a round at the moto gp at donny.
just wish i had the money to sign up
Old 04-Oct-2006, 07:34
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
friend of a friend is planning to sign up for that.
wish I could... would love to race that sort of bike

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit