Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 03-Aug-2009, 13:02
Bevel Head

Brands on Wed, Heavy rain...?

Dear All

Firstly anyone else doing Brands Indy with Focused Events on Wednesday?

Secondly BBC weather says heavy rain. There's always a tyre guy there but I assume he'll be sold out of wets pretty quick. I don't want to buy a set of spare wheels but if I buy a pair of wets now are these guys generally OK to swap over tyres they've not supplied or is that taking the p1ss?

And finally, I run Diablo Corsa III's on my 749s road bike (novice group at the moment, nearly Inters) so thought I'd stick with Pirelli wets. Any feedback or suggestions to the contrary?

Thanks in advance for any help and sorry if this has been discussed at length previously.

Regards

Mark.
Old 03-Aug-2009, 14:03
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
The tyre guy will happily take your money for tyre swaps whether he's supplied them or not. Pirelli wets should be fine.

If it is wet, then you'll get plenty of tracktime and space and there's usually less red flags too - enjoy.
Old 03-Aug-2009, 14:38
Big Twin
Bikes: 916SPS Ratbike + 749R Shed

Mood: Ugly girls (749) are more dirty.....
I did Brands last Monday - it peed it down in the morning. Did two sessions on Racetecs then decided the rain was staying so fitted Metzeler Rain wets...they were great - almost knee down at Paddock in the lashing rain!

Dried up at lunchtime and the sun came out so it was back on with the Racetecs.
The worst thing about this weather is it won't make up its mind!! It such a bother changing wheels in full leathers and it usually results in missing a session.

Never mind - have fun on Wednesday.

R