Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 26-Oct-2006, 11:08
Mille

Mood: Bring the noise!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilf
Hmmmm one of my mates (duc rider) said the same this weekend, exact quote... was funny until another mate pointed out what the song was about.. how apt!!!!!

...Song is about masturbating whilst in prison !!!

(google song meaning)

sorry couldnt help it !!

Priceless mate
Old 26-Oct-2006, 11:36
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Anybody noticied it "appears" to be wearing Brembo monoblock race calipers. Either that or they've managed to make the "standard" calipers look very much like the mono's!
Old 26-Oct-2006, 11:39
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti
Anybody noticied it "appears" to be wearing Brembo monoblock race calipers. Either that or they've managed to make the "standard" calipers look very much like the mono's!

am sure I read some where it will come with monoblock callipers, especially developed by Brembo for this bike
Old 26-Oct-2006, 13:15
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Quote:
Originally Posted by 749er
am sure I read some where it will come with monoblock callipers, especially developed by Brembo for this bike

On Mr Minoli's bog:

http://blog.ducati.com/post/83/la-nuova-superbike
Old 26-Oct-2006, 15:40
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali

am now worried you could read my mind to find where I read it, yet I could not remember...........you left handed, have a black cat or crystal ball by any chance?
Old 26-Oct-2006, 16:21
Mille

Mood: In danger of scaring myself
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbwells
Check these out

Don't forget this one either. Looks like even the Showa shod 1098 base model will get radial Monobloc calipers as well. The "S" gets the same calipers but Ohlins front and rear, as will the 1098 "TriColore", which gets all the "S" bling, plus a fancy paint job and Termis thrown in to boot. Wonder if they will include the dust cover and paddock stand as they used to on the "R" versions, since it will be a full year before the (1188) "R" is available.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rhs.JPG (33.6 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by Rod : 26-Oct-2006 at 16:26.
Old 26-Oct-2006, 16:28
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod
Don't forget this one either. Looks like even the Showa shod 1098 base model will get radial Monobloc calipers as well. The S gets the same calipers but Ohlins front and rear, as will the 1098 TriColore, which gets all the S bling plus a fancy paint job and Termis thrown in. Wonder if they will include the dust cover and paddock stand as the used to on the "R" versions, since it will be a full year before the 1188R is available.

wow, the look of the bike is starting to grow on me as I can see more of the lines.

if you look there appears to be a real nice line from the nose through the apex of the headlamp then on up through the top edge of the tank.....very nice. dont recall seeing that on a bike before
Old 26-Oct-2006, 16:28
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Quote:
am now worried you could read my mind to find where I read it, yet I could not remember...........you left handed, have a black cat or crystal ball by any chance?

Read minds? Me? Don't think so. I'm just a humble shop owner:

http://www.ali's-black-cat-and-crystal-ball-leftorium.com

Ali
Old 26-Oct-2006, 16:40
Bevel Head

scooter in the back round is the new multistrader ??
Old 26-Oct-2006, 16:45
Mille

Mood: In danger of scaring myself
Quote:
wow, the look of the bike is starting to grow on me as I can see more of the lines.

if you look there appears to be a real nice line from the nose through the apex of the headlamp then on up through the top edge of the tank.....very nice. dont recall seeing that on a bike before

Dont be fooled by that, as it looks as though Ducati were running with upper fairing (nose cone) wind spoilers / deflectors (as on John Keogh's sketch in Two magazine). If this is true, this picture was taken at a different time to the two most recent shots by Andrew Tyne (no deflectors visible) who sold the images to MCN. I hope not as they look **** and do nothing for the front end visually. Incidentally here are two more new pictures posted up today on the Ducati MS forum.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1098vh7.jpg (16.1 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg 1098awl51.jpg (15.2 KB, 32 views)