Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 21-Jul-2006, 17:48
500SD

Mood: www.kylebennettmedia.com
Who isn't going to Donington?

Like I said in the other thread, I'm not prepared to be shafted by New Era again, and if we can actually agree on a course of action to be taken by everyone we might get listened to for a change, so who's not doing it?
Old 21-Jul-2006, 20:58
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

You
Old 21-Jul-2006, 21:17
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Still waiting to hear the outcome of the call made by the MT member that deals with New Era

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 22-Jul-2006, 11:19
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Hopefull
I'm not going unless there is a big change to the proposal by NE

Mike
Old 22-Jul-2006, 11:40
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi600
I'm not going unless there is a big change to the proposal by NE

Mike

Guys,

i think someone should go and ask New Era who PROPOSED the changes to 12 laps and 1 race...

i was chatting to a few Superclub racers and apparently this was a racer based decision after chatting to riders in Superclub paddocks over the last 12 months. New Era were not the force who governed this decision, it was in fact the Paddock.

Of the riders i spoke to today they were all exceptionally happy with the decision for 12 lappers...

"splits the men from the boys"
"gives a proper race over a proper distance"
"same as in MotoGP isn't it, 1 chance 1 weekend"

the simillar quotes go on and on.

Interesting huh
Old 22-Jul-2006, 12:23
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
the responses on the ne message board seem fairly happy to try the new format, and I too reckon it will work better.
ok, so there's been a few negative scenarios posed by some of us in dd, but there's -ve's for any format.

The only question I'd raise is value for money - is it worth spending £130 + costs on only 2 sessions on track? No, but it it worth spending the same money for 3 shorter sessions? Again, no. You want track time for your £ then do track days.

For me, selflessly, the short races are not good. My first 2 laps are traditionally rubbish, then there's not enough time to get back in the game. Longer races might give me a better chance.
Then there's qualifying - with 15 minutes instead of 10, we're not likely to get another scenario like the superpole of oulton.

I'm looking forward to it.
Old 22-Jul-2006, 14:14
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
So were all boys then and so is every rider in BSB and WSB are they. I thought I entered a club race series for novices not Moto GP? I think we have had the laps reduced buy Two in each race already at the beginning of the year.

I actually think I personally will be better off in a Twelve laper (although I did say I was old and unfit somewhere I am in fact young and fit as a butchers dog) In most races my lap times improve throughout the race and I always feel like the race has ended to soon. I have entered SV at Donnington so will be having Two twelve lapers and Two lots of Quolifying. I will be doing the track day on Saturday as well. This is not because I am loaded but because Like Oulton last month I have never ridden Donnington and respect my own safety and the safety of the other riders. My concern is for the guy that may bin it in Qualifying or in the race and come away with a large bill and nothing to show for it in the series. I think that's the sort of weekend that can can leave a rider really wondering if it's all worth it, wear as that same rider can have a disaster in the first race and then still end their day on a high in the second. There is no argument against this fact as I have seen it with my own eyes at nearly every round of the series so far. I have seen the lows and the highs.
As a novice learning to race, the importance of Qualifying and starts in the sprint race format IS learning to race. It would have been nice to have had the Two Eight lap races we first expected.

I will be riding at Donnington because I have always wanted to and am financially able to. I am not convinced that the ONE CHANCE BIG BOYS BOOLOXS is for the novice racer on a very hard earned budget in the long run though.
Old 22-Jul-2006, 14:19
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered40

I will be riding at Donnington because I have always wanted to and am financially able to. I am not convinced that the ONE CHANCE BIG BOYS BOOLOXS is for the novice racer on a very hard earned budget in the long run though.

There's not that many novices in your classes these days fella... most people are now on at least 10 sigs....

Everyone out there has a hard earned budget.. the class or experience has little to do with that.
Old 22-Jul-2006, 14:42
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
I think you'll find that the majority are still Tango or are you talking about 620 only. Are the 583s still getting Two races then? I think the future of DD will depend on a steady flow of new Tangos.
Old 22-Jul-2006, 14:51
Dibble

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered40
I think you'll find that the majority are still Tango or are you talking about 620 only. Are the 583s still getting Two races then? I think the future of DD will depend on a steady flow of new Tangos.

I thought all that orangey glow in the DD paddock was the MotoGP spray on tan look ????